GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Latest software update has disabled Voice Control

ZimitiZ

Passed Driver's Ed
I purchased Voice Control when I bought my new Golf e-Hybrid last October. I use it a lot. However, I kept being promped to download and install the update MO13_EU_VW_R8960L. I carried this out today as I like to keep things up-to-date. However, when trying to use Voice Control I now get prompted that this is not available in my language which is English. It seems I have wasted a few hundred pounds and I'm not happy! Has anyone had this problem?

orlinst

Passed Driver's Ed
There is a second smaller update after the big one that should enable it again. I didn't test it, just saw that after the 3.5 gb update, language settings we're disables and minutes after that a second update was executed. Afterwards the menu was back. Someone wrote about it in other forum topic.

ZimitiZ

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you for that Orlinst. I have now got the second update and Voice Control is back. Phew!! It's now a man's voice though.

orlinst

Passed Driver's Ed
It turns out that i still haven't made the second part of the update, so currently my voice control functions are still disabled and navi messages are only in english. Meanwhile, as a golf8 owner, i have received a mail from VW with detailed info about the updates. They stressed on the part that between first and second phase of the update process, voice control will be disabled.

Wheaty

I wasn’t aware that VW provided ‘detailed information’ on anything. I love my Golf eTSI, dislike the software but am appalled by the secretive nature of VW UK and by their attempts at customer service. Probably the worst of any organisations that I have ever dealt with for any type of product. I have not received any communication from VW on software but perhaps Orlinst has progressed further on sorting out the software problems.