GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Led numberplate lightning

Baris

Hi everybody,
Anyone can give me a decent ebay link to order mk7 led numberplate. I had put in led bulbs but that gave me a error code. And wich exhaust trim fits into to mk7 :) sorry for my bad english.
Greeting for another satisfied mk7 driver ;-)

dadu

Ready to race!
The leds are probably fine, but you need to code them... so you won`t get errors anymre .

dadu

Ready to race!
Talk to your dealer or someone with VCDS software.

The exhaust trims you are looking can be bought even from Skoda (some colleagues bought Yeti trims with 25 E - they are probably pretty much universal).

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Hi everybody,
Anyone can give me a decent ebay link to order mk7 led numberplate. I had put in led bulbs but that gave me a error code. And wich exhaust trim fits into to mk7 :) sorry for my bad english.
Greeting for another satisfied mk7 driver ;-)

A pair of Skoda Yeti ( 2009 onwards ) chrome exhaust trims will fit. ( about £26 ) - assuming you have a twin exhaust Golf.

Good quality, easy to fit & not expensive like the VW ones.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Guess you need to find another 1.6TDi owner and share a set ;)

Seriously, they're only about €30/pr.

skruf

Passed Driver's Ed
hey guys!

I bought these!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10X-42mm-...d=100041&prg=1205&rk=2&rkt=9&sd=281233035597&

They are a replacement for the LED light bulb. If they don't work, just try to flip them over and they will work.
These you don't need to code!
Got the link from another tread here.. ! :)

Best of luck

I don't think these will work for the numberplate lights, I am pretty sure there is a different type of bulb sitting there. On the other hand, I installed these in my boot light as well as the makeup mirror lights :)

I use these for my numberplate lights :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-Golf-MK6...3?pt=US_Athletic_Clothing&hash=item417d0f3519

They come with a load resistor so you don't get any error messages, no coding needed, a real nice crisp white light :D

GolfMNE

Ready to race!
I don't think these will work for the numberplate lights, I am pretty sure there is a different type of bulb sitting there. On the other hand, I installed these in my boot light as well as the makeup mirror lights :)

I use these for my numberplate lights :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-Golf-MK6...3?pt=US_Athletic_Clothing&hash=item417d0f3519

They come with a load resistor so you don't get any error messages, no coding needed, a real nice crisp white light :D

Do you have a photo? :p

skruf

Passed Driver's Ed
Do you have a photo? :p

Sure, I had to erase some numbers off my numberplate, but you can still get the idea of how it looks like. REALLY bright light, when i put my car in reverse and the reversing camera turns on, I can easily see that the LEDs light up the area behind the car in dark places :p

Last edited: