GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED strip question.

VeliVel

I have been driving all week and the led strip was not on, I have been out tonight and the led strip was not on when unlocked the car and checked how the lights looked in the dark. But when I got home the full led grill was lit up. How is this? The only thing I was using was the fogs as had to drive 20miles down dark lanes, so kept turning the high beam on and off.
I noticed if press the beam 2x the icon changed to the beam light with the letter A in the icon and then without the A if pushed the beam again. So no idea how i managed to turn this on? I have seen other golfs with this led grill light on in the daytime, but I have 100% not had this on.
So I’m wondering how you flick this on and off. If anyone knows it would be great as would defo not want it on in the day.

Wallop

Go Kart Newbie
The A in the high beam is auto dimming it dips when it detects an oncoming vehicle.
My led strip only comes on in the dark.

VeliVel

The A in the high beam is auto dimming it dips when it detects an oncoming vehicle.
My led strip only comes on in the dark.
Yeah that must be what mine does then, it’s just strange I have seen some with it on in the daytime. Maybe they had there low beams on to get it on in the day but don’t think they did.
mine defo has not been on in the day tho with the car in auto.
I have had a golf 7 and 7.5 and it’s such a jump this time i feel lost with some of the features. And as usual the manual tells you hardly anything.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
The led strip in the grill only work in the night when the low beam headlights go on , in auto.
If you activate the rear lights with the Drl ( Vag coding) then you will also get the front grill light on (Dimmed) with the Drl during the day.

VeliVel

The led strip in the grill only work in the night when the low beam headlights go on , in auto.
If you activate the rear lights with the Drl ( Vag coding) then you will also get the front grill light on (Dimmed) with the Drl during the day.
That’s good then, the times I seen few cars with it on in the day it looks so odd. But at night it looks so good. I would like the rear lights on tho in the day, miss been able to do that as I always had my other golfs tail lights on in the rain or dull days.

nice_fish

So, I understand the LED strip works automatically, some times, during the night, when the car decides to do it, correct? (obviously I have the lights always in Auto and I never touch the lights touch buttons)

But what is the other thing you say "to activate the rear lights with DrI"? Do you have instructions for this?