GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Let's see your PC's

DeathB4Dishonr

Lasers go Pew Pew
Had to throw a new comp together back in Jan cause my liquid cooler decided to leak and murder my cpu. Not to mention the comp itself was old and dated.

New specs:
Asus Maximus VI Hero
Intel i7 4771k
EVGA GTX 770 4gb FTW edition(plan on getting another for SLI)
32gb ram
Corsair RM series 850w PSU
Samsung 128gb SSD
Seagate 2tb hybrid drive
Seagate 1tb HDD
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU cooler(fan/radiator)

Computer is used for gaming and CADD programs. Mainly Solidworks and some AutoCAD.

Currently I'm playing Titanfall, BF4, D3, and Thief.

edit: for anyone curious as to why I went with the 4gb card it's because I run 3 monitors.

Last edited:

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
What kind of coolant were you using in your liquid cooling?

Sterling

Steel Tip
Had to throw a new comp together back in Jan cause my liquid cooler decided to leak and murder my cpu. Not to mention the comp itself was old and dated.

New specs:
Asus Maximus VI Hero
Intel i7 4771k
EVGA GTX 770 FTW edition(plan on getting another for SLI)
32gb ram
Corsair RM series 850w PSU
Samsung 128gb SSD
Seagate 2tb hybrid drive
Seagate 1tb HDD
Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU cooler(fan/radiator)

Computer is used for gaming and CADD programs. Mainly Solidworks and some AutoCAD.

Currently I'm playing Titanfall, BF4, D3, and Thief.

dude, isn't titanfall such a badass game?

DeathB4Dishonr

Lasers go Pew Pew
What kind of coolant were you using in your liquid cooling?

I don't know. It was my first foray into liquid cooling so I had some basic corsair closed loop cooler. From the little research I did, it seems that closed loops are pretty unreliable and custom loops are the way to go. Correct me if I am wrong, but that was the general consensus I was seeing from people.

And yes, Titanfall is awesome. I wasn't fortunate enough to get into the beta, but I am definitely loving the game. Super fast paced.

iliftthings

Ready to race!
I don't know. It was my first foray into liquid cooling so I had some basic corsair closed loop cooler. From the little research I did, it seems that closed loops are pretty unreliable and custom loops are the way to go. Correct me if I am wrong, but that was the general consensus I was seeing from people.

And yes, Titanfall is awesome. I wasn't fortunate enough to get into the beta, but I am definitely loving the game. Super fast paced.

They're very reliable or else they wouldn't have blown up in popularity like they have in the past 3 years. Custom loops can be tricky due to leaks, defective parts or just user error. I started with an H50, then went full custom after that and never looked bad. For the entry level person or customers you're building for closed loop is the way to go in terms of reliability and ease of maintenance.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE

Hmm...I'm not sure. I always assumed that the closed loop setup were pretty much set and forget. I started off with a custom loop and it's been my default choice for the past 5-6 years.

Sterling

Steel Tip
You're my default choice

DeathB4Dishonr

Lasers go Pew Pew
Well, this is what the top of my CPU looked like after I removed the liquid cooler. Unfortunately I don't have a pic of the liquid cooler anymore. But the copper contact plate on the bottom of the liquid cooler had corroded and peeled back in a couple of layers. And that is the result, I was getting blue screens due to CPU over heating and performance degradation.

Anyways, I never needed the liquid cooler to begin with. I wasn't doing any major overclocking and a upgraded air cooler does just fine for my needs. I just wanted to give one a whirl and my experience ended poorly. BUT I was planning on building a new rig and had been looking at what parts I wanted when my old comp shit on itself, so it did suck but wasn't too big of a deal.

Attachments

• IMG_20140115_175924.jpg
    IMG_20140115_175924.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 340

iliftthings

Ready to race!
Well, this is what the top of my CPU looked like after I removed the liquid cooler. Unfortunately I don't have a pic of the liquid cooler anymore. But the copper contact plate on the bottom of the liquid cooler had corroded and peeled back in a couple of layers. And that is the result, I was getting blue screens due to CPU over heating and performance degradation.

Anyways, I never needed the liquid cooler to begin with. I wasn't doing any major overclocking and a upgraded air cooler does just fine for my needs. I just wanted to give one a whirl and my experience ended poorly. BUT I was planning on building a new rig and had been looking at what parts I wanted when my old comp shit on itself, so it did suck but wasn't too big of a deal.

What brand liquid cooler and how old was it? Corsair has a 3-5 year warranty on their products and WILL pay for all damages.

DeathB4Dishonr

Lasers go Pew Pew
I don't remember what specific model it was, but it was a Corsair. It's too late for that, I tossed it the night I took apart the computer. It was around 4 years old.

navyslideby

Big Turbo Vroom
I just have this for now.
Asus G37
Intel Core i7 720QM quad core processor, the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5870 1GB graphics, 8GB of DDR3 memory, Dual 500GB hard drives, dual loaded Windows 7 and Windows XP. gets the job done