4770K I7
GTX 660ti
Custom watercooling loop
2x Samsung 240 SSD
Asus Hero 5(I think)
Enthoo Primo Case

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
It's been a while since I've posted mine. A little bit has changed.

Hardware:
Intel Core i7 920
eVGA x58 SLI3
Radeon HD6950
12GB Corsair Dominator
120GB Intel 520 SSD
250GB Samsung 850 Evo
3tb Seagate Barracuda Harddrive
850 Watt Silverstone Decathlon PSU
Corsair Obsidian 900D

Cooling:
Swifttech Appogee CPU Block
EK Full Cover Motherboard Block
EK Full Cover GPU Block with Backplate
Bitspower Crystal Link Acrylic Hardline Tubing
Bitspower Compression Fittings
Bitspower Tank Z-Multi 250 Reservoir
Swifttech MCP655 DC5 Pump
XSPC 360mm Radiator with Scythe Gentle Typhoon Fans
Mayhems Pastel White Coolant Dye

IMG_0731 by Bruce Han, on Flickr

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
It's been a while since I've posted mine. A little bit has changed.

Hardware:
Intel Core i7 920
eVGA x58 SLI3
Radeon HD6950
12GB Corsair Dominator
120GB Intel 520 SSD
250GB Samsung 850 Evo
3tb Seagate Barracuda Harddrive
850 Watt Silverstone Decathlon PSU
Corsair Obsidian 900D

Cooling:
Swifttech Appogee CPU Block
EK Full Cover Motherboard Block
EK Full Cover GPU Block with Backplate
Bitspower Crystal Link Acrylic Hardline Tubing
Bitspower Compression Fittings
Bitspower Tank Z-Multi 250 Reservoir
Swifttech MCP655 DC5 Pump
XSPC 360mm Radiator with Scythe Gentle Typhoon Fans
Mayhems Pastel White Coolant Dye

IMG_0731 by Bruce Han, on Flickr

How hard was it to bend the tubing? The DIY's I've seen look deceptively easy. I want to switch over but really have been too busy to touch my own system.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
It definitely takes a little bit of practice but it's not very difficult. Buy more than you think you need and be patient, especially when heating it.

Margin of error is much smaller than soft tubing (we're talking millimeters) before it pops out of the fitting (I think it might be because the Bitspower fittings are much more lower profile than other, I'm not sure). So take your time.

The most frustrating part for me was the manufacturing variances between the tubing and the silicon strip used for bending (your mileage may vary). It was a really tight for me so getting it into the tube was a struggle. Lots of soapy water and twisting is the key to success.

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Is the connection solid? Not big on friction seals. I go to LAN events fairly often and it would be a disaster if they popped off while moving the machine.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Is the connection solid? Not big on friction seals. I go to LAN events fairly often and it would be a disaster if they popped off while moving the machine.

It's solid enough so that it won't pop out from side to side movement but it will come off if you pull on it.

The only thing holding the tube in is the compressed O-Ring when the fitting is tightened. Compared to soft-tubing where the actual tube is compressed, the connection is not as solid but it's still water-proof.

Das Gespenst

Go Kart Champion
Well I'm joining what's left of you. Just bought the new family PC/gaming rig.

AMD FX 6300 black edition
AMD R9 280X
8GB DD3 Ripjaw system memory
500gb HDD
25" HP monitor
Logitech G510 keyboard
Logitech G602 mouse

I'll get pics up soon. Not quite like most of the rigs on here but for $570 for everything not a bad setup.

YBRmuggsLP21

Passed Driver's Ed
So are all the pretty lights on your case and whatever still cool or nah? Just wondering what the overall norm is these days. Seems like a lot of people are going to silent cases.

mister0wl

I'm still playing on my old Lenovo y510p with dual GTX 755M's, but I'm hoping to build a gaming beast pretty soon. I'll definitely be back with that.

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
I saw this bubble up with the new forum format, so I thought I'd get it going again. I have more PCs that I know what to do with, and a couple with lots more mojo, but I have a thing for SFF.

My parts-bin HTPC, built on a thin mini ITX. I popped in a used i5 6500, a used 128gb NVMe stick, 8gb of cheapo DDR4 laptop ram ...and that's all it has room for. It screams with KDE Linux. Perfect for Youtube/Netflix/Amazon Prime/Qobuz/Tidal. The low-profile fan wasn't low-profile enough, so I made room for it with a hole saw :cool:

And while I'm here, another oddball. I ripped out the squeeling squirrel-cage proprietary hard drive-fan that would have cost an arm-and-a-leg to replace (Seriously Apple?) and installed a used SSD. While I was at it, I corrected the O/S. It's OK for streaming content in a spare room, and that's about it. If the CPU fan goes out, I'll probably use it for target practice.

Last edited:

torga

Autocross Champion
Here's the rig (smoked window off for clarity). Specs are ASRock X570M Pro4 mobo, R7 3700X, EVGA 1060 6GB (soon to be either 5700XT or 2070 Super), Cryorig H5 Ultimate Cooler, 32GB of G.Skill Trident Z Neo RAM, 3.5TB total storage for now (500GB M.2 NVMe for boot/programs, 1TB M.2 NVMe for games, 2TB 2.5" SSD for photos/media/storage), Noctua case fans, Meshify C Mini case. Built it for CAD, photo editing and casual gaming.
IMG_20191019_175933-01.jpeg

And here's the desktop setup.
IMG_20190904_180711-01-01-01.jpeg

Last edited:

Chad13762

Go Kart Champion
^^^ Bonus points for the keyboard.

You got me beat on quality, but I have the quantity. More oddballs. 3 beater convertible laptop/tablets. Each running GIS software and a GPS receiver. Testing outside for satellite acquisition, GPS precision, and software reliability. Used for GPS based autocross course setup. :geek:

torga

Autocross Champion
You've got a fun hobby! I built mine with the intention of minimal upgrades for at least a few years. I knew I'd be upgrading the GPU sooner than later, but I couldn't pass up a $120 deal on a refurbished 6GB 1060. I can likely sell it for what I bought it, too.