GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Loaded question..What does your screen name mean?

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
I had a VW friend that I've known for about 10 years randomly ask, "So why is your screen name on all of the forums The Butcher?" And my reply, according to him "Made my life!"

When I was in my early 20's (now 36) I was a body piercer. Long story short, a client came in to have her "hood" pierced. The job was done, no big deal.

The next day, her mother comes in screaming "Who's the f$#king butcher that destroyed my daughter's privates?!!!" After hiding in the back for a minute I came out and said "I am the butcher. The piercing was done absolutely perfectly. Your daughter is 22, confirmed by her ID. I am a service provider and I provided a service that your daughter paid for." The angry mother left after cussing everyone out, including customers.

To this day, I don't know why her mother ever knew. One regret in life that would likely make the story better.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
^ that's funny and you handled it professionally.

Mine is not nearly as entertaining. "sw" are simply my initials, and "crow" is my fraternity mascot from way back in the day before AOL dial up existed. We had to create AOL accounts, so naturally that was the closest thing on my mind. I didn't think about how I'd feel about it 20+ years later..lol

tdream1

Autocross Newbie
Love the story behind The Butcher!

Mine is boring. I've loved the group Tangerine Dream since I first saw Risky Business in the theater as a kid. So, it's short for Tangerine Dream.

This will be a good thread. Cheers!

Rollux

Ready to race!
Mine was a nickname earned by rolling 2 Toyota Hilux utes in my youth whilst off-roading.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I had a VW friend that I've known for about 10 years randomly ask, "So why is your screen name on all of the forums The Butcher?" And my reply, according to him "Made my life!"

When I was in my early 20's (now 36) I was a body piercer. Long story short, a client came in to have her "hood" pierced. The job was done, no big deal.

The next day, her mother comes in screaming "Who's the f$#king butcher that destroyed my daughter's privates?!!!" After hiding in the back for a minute I came out and said "I am the butcher. The piercing was done absolutely perfectly. Your daughter is 22, confirmed by her ID. I am a service provider and I provided a service that your daughter paid for." The angry mother left after cussing everyone out, including customers.

To this day, I don't know why her mother ever knew. One regret in life that would likely make the story better.

I figured it was your profession (meat butcher) but that story is great!!!

Mine is the first 3 letters of my last name and the first 3 letters of my first name. Nothing exciting.

My first job was a co-op job I got in HS and on everyone's ID badge they did your name like that. Some peoples were funny. People would sometimes refer to each other using their ID badge name. Started on the Honda Civic forums and decided to use that as my name. That is my go to forum name now.

Last edited:

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
I figured it was your profession (meat butcher) but that story is great!!!

Mine is the first 3 letters of my last name and the first 3 letters of my first name. Nothing exciting.

My first job was a co-op job I got in HS and on everyone's ID badge they did your name like that. Some peoples were funny. People would sometimes refer to each other using their ID badge name. Started on the Honda Civic forums and decided to use that as my name. That is my go to forum name now.
I'm actually vegetarian. Plot twist.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
It's an oooold Eminem song. I've used this username for about 20 years now.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Way back in 2009 so I joined Cummins Forums as 1stgenjake and was equally or more active there. Developed tons of mods and fixes for 1989-1993 Dodge trucks featuring the Cummins turbo diesel. Even though that body style wasn’t the first dodge pickup by any means it was their first diesel so they’re commonly referred to as “1st gens”

In 2011 I joined Golfmk6 forums after purchasing my first new car, a two door 6MT Gti in poverty spec. Figured 1stgenjake wouldn’t make any sense, so Gtijake it was.

Butcher wins this thread lol

My screen name easily could’ve been King of Forest, a reference from Harold & Kumar go to White Castle. That’s what I used on MySpace, FB?, and IG for about a decade so not sure why I didn’t use it on the forums.

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Butcher definitley wins with a great story! Mine is really simple a guy with a mk7 and a star wars nerd since i can remember, and always wanted to be a Jedi😎👍🏻

Gptuners

Drag Racing Champion
When I first found car forums, my parents lived in a subdivision called Governor's Place. My buddies and I that lived there had stickers made and everything for our "tuned" cars. My really horrible website GPtuners.com kept track of our car builds. I believe the motto was "Big Plans. Small Budget" 😝

Edit: Found my first "build"
mr2mint.jpg

trd.jpg

mr2backbig.jpg

Last edited:

virpacalis

Go Kart Newbie
From years of rugby, hockey, and krav maga, I've broken 16 bones, not mine. Still, I'm just an old high school Latin teacher whose username translates to man of peace.

GolNat

Autocross Champion