GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Loaded question..What does your screen name mean?

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
From years of rugby, hockey, and krav maga, I've broken 16 bones, not mine. Still, I'm just an old high school Latin teacher whose username translates to man of peace.
You sound like me. Used to ride bmx, vert skate, jujitsu, American boxing, semi pro cyclist. Broken 12 bones that weren't mine. Dislocated God knows how many bones though. Man of peace is admirable though.

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
When I first found car forums, my parents lived in a subdivision called Governor's Place. My buddies and I that lived there had stickers made and everything for our "tuned" cars. My really horrible website GPtuners.com kept track of our car builds. I believe the motto was "Big Plans. Small Budget" 😝

Edit: Found my first "build"
View attachment 170205
View attachment 170206
View attachment 170207
Not my first build, but right before I went VW. 35k miles and the little guy popped. Still miss that car for its handling. I should've gotten an MR2 like I wanted.
SmartSelect_20200414-212155_Instagram.jpg

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
mk7 (obvious) BK (initials) , yes very unique and cool and awesome story like piercing someone hood, haha love it.

I guess you could tell I was the little kid without an imagination

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Jim Lloyd was 40 when David Bowie invented the internet

My cat's name was Fordie named after a Ford pickup truck. But I really liked David Bowie. I thought Al Gore invented the internet. Learn something new everyday. Which proves you can teach a very old dog new tricks. 😂

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
wish i had a funny story...
just comes from jokes as teenagers when some one did something stupid threatened to pull their black card and kick them out the club.
Just stuck.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Phur is short for Christopher. I go by either, but never “Chris”. One of my name tags in a high school job was actually “ta fer”, because I was always having to add it, trying to get people to stop calling me Chris.

The Butcher

Autocross Champion
Phur is short for Christopher. I go by either, but never “Chris”. One of my name tags in a high school job was actually “ta fer”, because I was always having to add it, trying to get people to stop calling me Chris.
Same name, but only family members are allowed to call me Christopher.

paNX2K&SE-R

Go Kart Newbie
About 20 years ago when the original SR20forum got started I was living in Pennsylvania and owned both a '93 NX2000, and a '91 SE-R. The NXs had been nicknamed NX2K on the old SE-R mailing list. I needed to come up with a user name and just stuck all that together. I'm still using it for all forums I'm on just to keep things easy.

Latron

Master of oil top off
I had a VW friend that I've known for about 10 years randomly ask, "So why is your screen name on all of the forums The Butcher?" And my reply, according to him "Made my life!"

When I was in my early 20's (now 36) I was a body piercer. Long story short, a client came in to have her "hood" pierced. The job was done, no big deal.

The next day, her mother comes in screaming "Who's the f$#king butcher that destroyed my daughter's privates?!!!" After hiding in the back for a minute I came out and said "I am the butcher. The piercing was done absolutely perfectly. Your daughter is 22, confirmed by her ID. I am a service provider and I provided a service that your daughter paid for." The angry mother left after cussing everyone out, including customers.

To this day, I don't know why her mother ever knew. One regret in life that would likely make the story better.

Ok this is the best name story I've seen.
Mine is boring. It was a nickname in high school. Don't even know how it came about, it just happened and stuck.