GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Loaner Car: 2013 Passat

walker

Go Kart Newbie
Had my car in for service today. They usually give me the crappy jetta 2.5 for a loaner, but today they upgraded me to a 2013 loaded passat with 400 miles on the ticker.

I was quite impressed. The interior was fantastic looking with brushed aluminum trim and an analog clock in the middle. I want an analog clock, need to find a way to retrofit into the GTI.

The ride wasn't bad. Definitely a bit more power then the jetta, and smoother delivery. Of course it's not as much as my gti, but at least I felt good about merging on the highway. Handling was pretty good for a sedan. The triptonic transmission is a joke in any car however. It was snowing to boot, so I couldn't wait to get my stick back at the end of the day.

The jettas make me feel like I'm driving a plastic powerwheels toy. This passat felt like a real car. If I had the kind of money to own more then one car, I think I would consider this as a daily driver and make a real performer out of the gti.

The brushed aluminum look is much better in person, but here's some pics anyway. Next time I'm demanding the cc I know they have in their fleet!

JDM713

Go Kart Champion
my mom had a 2010 Passat before trading it in for a '12 Tiguan. It's definitely a nice car. Really smooth ride, nice interior and features...

FNR32

Ready to race!
I have the same loaner right now without the leather and nav and I hate it. The car is lethargic and I can't want to turn this bitch in.

intanetfreak

Go Kart Champion
I test drove the V6 passat. I want.

McQueen77

Banned
i want the V6 passat too. a lot. V6 w/DSG. i think the 2.5 would be a let down in a car like this but the V6 would be proper.

Last edited:

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I had a Passat as a rental while on vacation. It was decent but I didn't like the 2.5 and it was light on content given the segment. The ride was too floaty and muted for me.

I want a Euro Passat!! Much nicer than the US version.

intanetfreak

Go Kart Champion
i want the V6 passat too. a lot. V6 w/DSG. i think the 2.5 would be a let down in a car like this but the V6 would be proper.

I wish they made a manual V6. And yeah, I agree, either TDI or V6.

dtraill27

Go Kart Champion
I had a 2013 passat for a month when my gti was in the body shop. Really nice ride but the engine sound was a little annoying after a while