GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Locking car with engine running...

Fretman

Ready to race!
Hi,

For the 2018 Golf with KESSY, does anyone here know if it's possible to lock your car with the engine running? Sometimes in the winter when it gets real cold and there's a layer of ice on my car, I like to turn on the car and head back inside for about 15 minutes before heading back out. I tried locking the car with the key FOB as well as using the thumb sensor but no luck.

Thanks for the feedback.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Hi,

For the 2018 Golf with KESSY, does anyone here know if it's possible to lock your car with the engine running? Sometimes in the winter when it gets real cold and there's a layer of ice on my car, I like to turn on the car and head back inside for about 15 minutes before heading back out. I tried locking the car with the key FOB as well as using the thumb sensor but no luck.

Thanks for the feedback.

You need VCDS or possibly OBD11.

Fretman

Ready to race!
You need VCDS or possibly OBD11.

Thanks. Do you know if the VW dealer would do something like this? I guess they would charge for it too.

Actually, I just thought of something. If the car is running and I can't lock the doors but I'm sitting inside my home and the key is out of range, does that mean that the car cannot be driven?

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
No the car can still be driven until it is turned off. Then it can't restart. I don't think the dealer will touch adaptation coding.

Fretman

Ready to race!
No the car can still be driven until it is turned off. Then it can't restart. I don't think the dealer will touch adaptation coding.

Bummer. But that makes sense though. Thanks. Maybe I'll try one more thing and that's checking to see if the actual key will lock the car. However, when I need that feature the door handle will probably be frozen so I wouldn't even be able to take the housing cover off from the handle.

Supermoto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Autobahn DSG
Just grab an obdeleven and do it through code, its a worthwhile investment given how much you can do with it. Probably will cost less to buy than having the dealer do it for you...

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
You just spent $25,000 for a new car and are willing to pay a dealer $100 to code one thing, but you won't spend $200 to own a VCDS? Like was said, dealers won't touch a safety item.

Fretman

Ready to race!
I don't know much about these tools. The only thing I have is a scanner to read CEL codes. If someone here can point me to a link for one of these tools that would be appreciated. Seems like Amazon carries them but there's so many to choose from.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKVII GTI

My dealer won't code anything on the car that isn't original. Stupid but they won't even code oem power folding mirrors

VitGti1

Just buy OBDEleven Pro, around 80$ and then just code it yourself. Very easy.
Coding:
1)central electronics 09
2) security code 31347
3) adaptation
4) Set (1) Access control - Funk bei Klemm 15 ein to Active