GOLFMKV

Looking for recommendations on a standing desk

sandmangti

Autocross Newbie
Maybe this.
Ride all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Darani

I created my standing desk a few years ago and with a few modifications here and there, it's become something of a sustainable life improvement.

It doesn't take much to find a few online articles on the benefits of a standing desk so if the idea interests you, have at it!

I have concrete blocks under the table legs of a sturdy table to create my standing desk. Two blocks stacked on top of each other under each leg gives me a chance to shift positions and put a foot up here or there on the front blocks and shift positions and stretch etc to keep limber. I think this is where the standing desks for sale come short. There is nowhere to elevate your feet. You need a chance to put your foot up on the block once in a while. To increase monitor height, I use empty and sturdy liquor boxes this is used by manufacturers such as Vivo,Elite PRo https://www.smarthomedesk.com/standing-desk-converter/ I picked-up for free from the local liquor store. I'm 6'1" and ergonomically I feel it could not be a better fit. I currently have three old and cheap monitors connected to my desktop computer (sits on the floor under the table) that make for a very effective workstation.

Again, the standing desk is about getting on your feet and shifting your body positions from time to time. (Then going to the kitchen to get a snack while not having to get up from a seat. It's very convenient!
There are many interesting videos on YouTube, I'll leave one of them here, I hope someone will help in the future.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiV_JJyvJzY

Robertoos

4 years have passed, and the time has come to add my 2 cents. Initially, I wanted to make a standing desk myself. As soon as I started, I realized it was the worst idea that could come to my mind cause I’m not handy at all. Still, I tried. So, eventually, I bought this desk on eurekaergonomic.com. I bought it about a year ago, and it still looks and works like brand new. My wife has an IKEA standing desk which is nice too. I can’t remember its name. I only remember it’s electrical, not mechanical.

Last edited:

Chisel_86

Go Kart Champion
Hey all,

How many of you are working at a standing desk (or a standing desk converter that sits on your regular desk and moves up and down)? I've been intrigued lately due to some posture issues and a new found focus on fitness. If you have one you like, please share a link!

I have a pretty large desktop setup, so fitting everything seems like it could be tricky. My current keyboard, mouse, and tablet arrangement take up about 45" (the cabinet above my monitors will have to go, but I'm not using it anyway).
Thanks,
Adam
I use a flexispot at my office. It works really well and it goes “kussssshhh” when you lower it so that’s a bonus.
https://www.flexispot.com/classicriser-standing-desk-converters-m3

Attachments

• 7BA82158-E52E-4A50-BD67-F56E8DC65CE6.jpeg
    7BA82158-E52E-4A50-BD67-F56E8DC65CE6.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 74
Last edited: