GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Low dust PP Pads

jcarl126

Ready to race!
Hey guys,

Love my PP brakes, but would much rather have pads that are noisy - like ceramics or something, than the OEM pads which make me feel the need to clean my wheels every 3 days. Anyone have any input, possibly for some enhanced performance, too? Going to go with stainless lines at the same time

Thank you!

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Looking at Centric (parent of Stop-Tech) Ceramic Posi-Quiet pads

Front: 105.16330
Rear: 105.17610

jcarl126

Ready to race!

those look like a solid solution... seems stop tech offers a pair, as well

Front: 308.16330

Brembo seems to be less dust from review,

Front: 8V0698151C

Im guessing the Hawk and EBC pads are very dusty?

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
those look like a solid solution... seems stop tech offers a pair, as well

Front: 308.16330

Brembo seems to be less dust from review,

Front: 8V0698151C

Im guessing the Hawk and EBC pads are very dusty?

I had Hawk HPS pads and Stoptech on my MK6. Hawks were very clean. Stoptech were extremely dirty. Regretted them after only a week.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I had Hawk HPS pads and Stoptech on my MK6. Hawks were very clean. Stoptech were extremely dirty. Regretted them after only a week.

Which StopTech pads though?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I don’t think those StopTech Streets are ceramic.

The Centric PosiQuiets are a good price as well. Local shop has had a lot of good experience with them. Good customer feedback

I looked at EBC Red Stuff pads as well. I read that they perform very well and create somewhat smaller amount of dust, but not a huge difference in that regard. They are also quite a bit more expensive than the Centrics.

Lots of existing threads on this. Google “MK7 GTI low dust brake pads”

[emoji1303]

nype

Drag Racing Champion

urbanexplorer

I run the EBC red stuff pads on my PP and they dust about half as much as the stock pads did (which is what I was looking for and has been very good). The downside is I can tell you they do not have the friction or initial bite of the OEM pads.

Someone I spoke to also recommended iSweep is1500 pads as these are very low dust as well and have supposedly better friction and stopping power than the EBC's. If I had to do it again I would go with the iSweep pads

jcarl126

Ready to race!
interesting... as soon as i sell my pretorias im going to swap to the Brembo pads front and rear, they have excellent reviews with a reasonable pricepoint, but will also be adding GoodRidge stainless lines and motul600 fluid

sparkyr

Passed Driver's Ed

I've had these on for about 15,000 miles and have no complaints. No brake dust at all and they're quiet. Once in a while I will get a short squeak on the first brake application when leaving home, but it doesn't happen often. Braking performance seems like the stock pads.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
What kind of miles are people getting from the brake pads, especially DSG owners?

My 2009 MK5 still has the original front pads at 87K miles. I did have to replace the rears at about 80K miles, but the rotors were fine.

DSG cars (if driven in auto) use engine braking along with the brakes so I assume that's why such a long interval.

I also only drive spiritedly on occasion, I'm not hard on my cars all the time.

dragonskiss

Ready to race!
I run the EBC red stuff pads on my PP and they dust about half as much as the stock pads did (which is what I was looking for and has been very good). The downside is I can tell you they do not have the friction or initial bite of the OEM pads.

Someone I spoke to also recommended iSweep is1500 pads as these are very low dust as well and have supposedly better friction and stopping power than the EBC's. If I had to do it again I would go with the iSweep pads

I'm running on the iSweep is1500 pads up front and Akebono Euro Ceramics in the rear. Brake dust is absolutely minimal, it's wonderful. The initial bite from the stock pads is reduced by about 10%, but actual stopping power once you get into the pedal is just about the same, if not better. It's definitely easier to modulate the brakes now as well. Best mod I've made so far, especially if you're running aftermarket wheels.

Banned
I went to Akibono euro's on my 337, big improvement in dust reduction which was nice as i showed it often. May not have the same performance as OEM but I'll take less dust over that as i don't find myself driving hard much anymore.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I've had these on for about 15,000 miles and have no complaints. No brake dust at all and they're quiet. Once in a while I will get a short squeak on the first brake application when leaving home, but it doesn't happen often. Braking performance seems like the stock pads.

Cool. Thx for this