GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Maintenance Schedule

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Every single vehicle I have ever owned had in their handbook or service book a list of what needed doing based on mileage or time. Usually it is shown in the form of a table with miles/months on the top line and every item that needs checking or replacing in a list on the left. The centre of the table shows when something has to be done in the form of an ‘X’ or perhaps a ‘Y’ (or any other letter or symbol).

Can I find a Maintenance Schedule for my Mk8 Golf GTE? NO! Nowhere! Can’t find a list of things nor a table. Who’s car is it? I want to know. Why the secret? At two years my dealer wants to do a air conditioning service but I think it should be at three years. I can’t check.

Help. Can someone direct me to a Maintenance Schedule, preferably in table form.

Last edited:

TwoSheds

Frustrating I know.

Your best bet is to go online to . erwin.volkswagen.de

You pay about seven pounds for an hour and using your Vin number it will give you everything about your car including maintenance schedules specific to your build.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
VW‘s recommended air con service intervals is every two years - the dealer I use usually tries to upsell this to me when I book my car in for its 2 year, 4 year etc. service. The air con service is a recommendation rather than a requirement, so I usually adopt the approach ‘if it ain‘t broke, don’t fix it’.

VW used to include details of the air con service on their website but they seem to have removed this, along with details of some other servicing / maintenance jobs (e.g. replace brake pads / discs). Some VW dealer websites do list details of the air con service - Sinclair VW being one such dealer. Here’s a screenshot from their website;

87C1C133-9923-4B23-AF15-AE5247D3FB8F.jpeg

koolmacher

Passed Driver's Ed
I declined my "Air con service" from my dealer as I felt the additional £140 they were asking on top of the £287 for my cars first 2 year service was daylight robbery for what is basically a regas which can be done for £60 anywhere else.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I declined my "Air con service" from my dealer as I felt the additional £140 they were asking on top of the £287 for my cars first 2 year service was daylight robbery for what is basically a regas which can be done for £60 anywhere else.
Agree. The dealership service advisors are probably give a monthly target to upsell a specific number of air con services as it’s a good money maker for the dealership. I‘ve only ever had one dealership air con service carried out in 20 years of VW ownership. As per my previous post - If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
I have never had a service or refrigerant top up on either my fridge or deep freeze. Basically the same as refrigeration system as in my car. I wonder IF something went wrong with the air conditioning it wouldn’t be covered under warranty because I didn’t have it serviced as recommended.

Can anyone direct me to a Maintenance Schedule online.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Many thanks Str8Leg,
For some reason The Maintenance Schedule is somewhat different here in Europe. I do know that most oil changes in the UK are at 9,300 miles (which translates to 15,000 kilometres) and there are several things that are unique to the PHEV GTE which I believe is not marketed in the US.
Nevertheless I am truly grateful for the link. I love the help from all over the world on this Forum 😆👍.

Silverstoned

Did you not receive two booklets with your car? Mine (Canadian R) came with the owners manual and a separate booklet with the maintenance schedule. Hopefully you can find the info you need.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Did you not receive two booklets with your car? Mine (Canadian R) came with the owners manual and a separate booklet with the maintenance schedule. Hopefully you can find the info you need.
Sadly here in the UK we no longer have a service book which gets a dealer’s stamp every time the car get serviced. It’s all done online and strangely very difficult for the owner to access. Also details of the maintenance schedule is not available without a great deal of research.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Your VW service department will print you off the service history if you ask them, as you say, it is a ball ache that it isn’t easily viewable by the owner, I’m pretty sure I could view it for my old Mk7, but I cannot find anyway to do so now.
Sadly here in the UK we no longer have a service book which gets a dealer’s stamp every time the car get serviced. It’s all done online and strangely very difficult for the owner to access. Also details of the maintenance schedule is not available without a great deal of research.