GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mein Kampf - Book written by Hitler

TurbO_Lag

Aint I?
Hello all,

Way off Topic, but I don't think I will get any views in any other section of this forum unless I start it off here.

*Sorry Mods*

I have been interested in reading this book for quite some time. I have heard alot of mixed reviews, some being obviously good, and some being obviously bad, and for mixed reasons. Is there anyone who can shed some light on this book, and possible give me an in depth review about how good of a book it really was, both the english version and possible the German version as well.

I am told by alot of websites that the book was re-written in english for obviously an english translation of the book, but the re-written edition of the book has alot of the re-writers twists, and is not a word for word translation of the book.

Any thoughts? :smile:

BlaineWasHere

I brake for apexes!
For historical sake it is very interesting. I have read parts of it being a history major.

He certainly was a twisted man.

TurbO_Lag

Aint I?
The prince? Sounds like an idea. I will look into it, thanks for the help fellas.

EDIT:

[edit] Overview

The views expounded by Machiavelli in The Prince may seem extreme. However, his whole life was spent in Florence at a time of continuous political conflict. Accordingly, Machiavelli emphasizes the need for stability in a prince’s principality; at stake is its preservation. The book was written primarily as a guide for the prince to maintain his power and only secondarily as a guide for maintaining the principality.[citation needed]
The theories expressed in The Prince describe methods that an aspiring prince can use to acquire the throne, or an existing prince can use to maintain his reign. According to Machiavelli, the greatest moral good is a virtuous and stable state, and actions to protect the country are therefore justified even if they are cruel.

I do not want a book that explains the principals of an aspiring prince, I was more into the idea of reading a book about Nazi Times. I have read Anne Frank, and thought that for a girls journal, it was a good book, but I would like to read another side. With movies like Valkerie coming out, I kind of want a better understanding of the times.

Any book you suggest like that?

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
yeah, this really shouldnt be in this section. This part of the forum is about cars not history or politics.
That being said, you should read the book for historical value, I think it is a difficult kind of book to downright say it is "good" but rather it is "informative"

MkVBlkMgc

Wir wollen lebensraum!
I do not want a book that explains the principals of an aspiring prince, I was more into the idea of reading a book about Nazi Times. I have read Anne Frank, and thought that for a girls journal, it was a good book, but I would like to read another side. With movies like Valkerie coming out, I kind of want a better understanding of the times.

Any book you suggest like that?

Try Inside the Third Reich by Albert Speer.

That should give you a good flavor for the inner workings of Nazi Germany without all the craziness and hate that Hitler was spewing, IMO.

gmakdaddy

Yummy
It was an interesting read to say the least. It gives you a better understanding on how crazy he was. I wonder if they made an audio book on it yet? Everything else seems to have one lately.

turboed

Low Blinker Fluid
Can we get a mod to move this. And anytime you put "sorry mods" in a post, GTFO! We do have a Off Topic section, get your book reviews in there.

TurbO_Lag

Aint I?
I posted that this is the wrong section in my OP, and you people still are telling me wrong section like I don't know already. Had I posted this in the OT, it would have gotten less then 1/5th of the views it got. Piss off

To the others who had information to post, thank you!

MKVBlkMgc I will look at that one as well, thanks.