GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Misfiring above 5k rpm...

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I have no idea what it could be, but I'm hoping the best for you lol?

(edit: if it is a sign of something serious, maybe start looking around for a trade-in, like asap?)

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
I have no idea what it could be, but I'm hoping the best for you lol?

(edit: if it is a sign of something serious, maybe start looking around for a trade-in, like asap?)

Or a new motor. Since he is tuned, VW will not cover it. Best bet would be a Pick n Pull or maybe classifieds. Again, that's worst case scenario.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
^
Read further, the EQT tune produces the same results.

Also someone mentioned warranty. Car has 64k miles. that isn't an issue anyway.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
^
Read further, the EQT tune produces the same results.

Also someone mentioned warranty. Car has 64k miles. that isn't an issue anyway.
Because whatever damage occurred (if any) was probably caused by Cobb's notoriously bad OTS tune.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I only ran their OTS tune for a few days and didn't have any problems, but I'm wondering if OP floored it right after tuning instead of letting the ECU adjust

lou06483

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Audi and VW
I've a suggestion----
Move the coil around----label them and move the existing #4 cylinder coil to another location and see if the misfire moves with it.
That will tell you if you have a coil issue...if no joy then dig a bit further---ie---compression test and leak-down test to determine the condition of the offending cylinder( compression test for ring sealing issues, leak-down test for valve seal issues)
ALSO-
Do the same with the spark plug

joshgreensauce

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI
2016 Mk7 GTI DSG 64k miles. Recently I decided to tune my car so went and got a Cobb AP, putting their OTS stage 1 tune on and all. Problem starts immediately with WOT, as soon as rpm reaches above 5k the car would sound like a Subaru, throws EPC light and runs like crap until you turn it off and on again with P0304 Cyl4 Misfire,P130A Hide cylinder. Cleared codes and Flashed back to stock map, car runs fine even in full throttle. Thought it might be because of the tune so I went ahead and got a base tune from EQT, along with new rs3 coils and rs7 plugs gapped at .025 just to be on the safe side. However the same problem came back in exactly the same in WOT situation and same codes. Anyone experienced these problems and what would be the solution? I got some theory such as carbon buildup, bad PCV, or plugs need to be gapped more... I'm really lost here.
Ever find out what was causing the misfires?