GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK 8?

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
My plan as well.
Mine will be paid off by the time the MK8's are "technically" due to roll out.
By then my newborn will be a few years old and I will obviously need a 4 door R instead of my 2 door GTI.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
My plan as well.
By then my newborn will be a few years old and I will obviously need a 4 door R instead of my 2 door GTI.

Ha! i'm gonna be in the exact same boat. My daughter was born in Jan, and my GTI should be paid off by then.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Congrats!
My daughter was born almost a month ago now! 3/21.
I mean we obviously need 4-door R's...right?
Honestly though I probably wouldn't be mad with another GTI.
Who knows maybe I'll be so kid-broke by then I will just have to settle on a Golf!
Not that there is anything wrong with that though.

Ramon64124

Drag Racing Champion
Congrats!
My daughter was born almost a month ago now! 3/21.
I mean we obviously need 4-door R's...right?
Honestly though I probably wouldn't be mad with another GTI.
Who knows maybe I'll be so kid-broke by then I will just have to settle on a Golf!
Not that there is anything wrong with that though.

Thanks! Congrats to you too.

I've debated the same thing for a while. I don't know if i am gonna make the jump to a R or get a GTI. The GTI So well priced that it is hard to beat when on a budget. I guess it will all depend what kind of money i got at the time. 0-60 in less than 4 seconds must be amazing, but the cost associated with Haldex and its failures scares me.

adam1991

Banned
My plan as well.

dude, the answer is ALWAYS an R.

I'm 4 months into my first GTI, my first VW, and I'm anxiously awaiting a Mk8 R. I "need" moar power--but I've come to realize, that needs AWD. Hell, even the current GTI could use AWD.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
dude, the answer is ALWAYS an R.

I'm 4 months into my first GTI, my first VW, and I'm anxiously awaiting a Mk8 R. I "need" moar power--but I've come to realize, that needs AWD. Hell, even the current GTI could use AWD.

If they'd made either a GTI 4-Motion or a Golf Sportwagen 4-motion with a GTI engine and trans, I'd have bought one without a second's hesitation.

adam1991

Banned
Sportwagen 4-Motion with AWD? That would be the like the Audi S3 wagon that they don't bring over.

I wonder what a tuned AllTrack with a suspension would do...or would cost...

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
I wonder what a tuned AllTrack with a suspension would do...or would cost...

So about that...
A buddy of mine had a '15 R and he traded it in on an Alltrack.
Suspension, bigger brakes, and it was the first APR Stg.2 IS20 in the US.
https://www.goapr.com/news/2017/06/21/2017-1-8t-ecu-tcu-and-turbo-upgrades-now-available/
Which, as stated in the article is estimated to be: 274-319 HP / 308-330 FTLBS

This is what the car looks like now...

Excited to see what else it can do.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Would be nice if it's better looking on the outside. Anyone else think the writer of the article for Autothority sucks? It's like his target audience are morons.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
I'm sure this is just a test-mule and the exterior will be different for production.
I would imagine they are doing powertrain and electronics testing.

I did not even read the article, just clicked the pics hah.
And it is sad to say but Most car blogs, or a lot of online news now looks and reads like it has been written by a 3rd grader.
It literally takes nothing for someone to sit down and write an "article" and publish it to the internet.
We live in a world where the "quick news" is more desirable than the thorough and proper news.

/rant of a "Professional and Technical writing major.
That degree has been great to have! :rollseyes:

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
It literally takes nothing for someone to sit down and write an "article" and publish it to the internet.
We live in a world where the "quick news" is more desirable than the thorough and proper news.

/rant of a "Professional and Technical writing major.
That degree has been great to have! :rollseyes:

Preach on, brother. I was a freelance writer, then a magazine editor (print and online) for years, before I became a professor. I love the 'Net, but man, there are posts on this board better written than supposedly professional stuff people actually pay for out there on the web.