GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk7.5 Passenger A-pillar Loose...?

A_granto1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk5 GTI
So I was cleaning my interior last night and I noticed my passenger A-pillar was very lose near the bottom (where it meets the dash). I check the driver side and it’s fine, I know that there has been issues with other people’s A-pillars rattling, while mine isn’t rattling I was wondering if it still the same problem. Are other people’s like this? Is it worth trying to take apart and fix if it’s not rattling (yet)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

333Inlinesix

Mine is like this as well. I noticed it while trying to track down a loud buzzing noise in the passenger door area at 2k rpm while decelerating in gear. The pillar being loose isn't my problem, so I suspect it may be the common pillar rattle a lot of people have because I don't know what else it could be (I've removed the center console insert and I assume VW fixed the fuel line rattle by now). I'm waiting until it's a little warmer before I take it apart.

A_granto1

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk5 GTI
Yeah I suspected a rattle from my passenger side too but mine ended up being the center console insert. But idk if i should bother fixing it and risk causing more problems if it’s not rattling at the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Yeah I suspected a rattle from my passenger side too but mine ended up being the center console insert.
Same for me, I took out that plastic trim piece in the center console and now I have no more rattles, at least from that area.