GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Thread derailed.....ugly car discussion and blue holes.....

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
If he wants to race a base Golf, I'll volunteer. Completely stock 👿

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
I raced a modded type R over the winter from multiple 40 rolls. My tired spun till 60 at which point he was next to me but once I grabbed third it was all over. I would shut down and get the ricer fly by every time. You shouldn't have a problem.
Ricer fly by? Is that when they keep going after you obviously stomp them and they flash their hazards like they won? Because that happens every time I race a japanese car.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
So my buddy Said a guy he works with wants to challenge me. He is in a 2019 civic Type R. "Supposedly" he only has an exhaust and stage 1 tune. My mods are in my signature. I really dont Know much about the new type R, so I guess my question is, how bad are they really? I told him I only race from a dig, so no roll racing. Do I need to leave the back seats and all at home? Or leave it full sleeper and still be able to drag him? Thanks in advance.

You'll be fine from a dig or roll. These races were 40 roll, half mile to around 140 mph.

Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
You win the drag race, I wouldn't challenge him on a road course.

Last edited:

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Ricer fly by? Is that when they keep going after you obviously stomp them and they flash their hazards like they won? Because that happens every time I race a japanese car.
I've had that happen when I'm not even racing. Just driving normally, minding my own business and some punk in a crappy car passes me with his flashers on.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Potentially. It looks like I’ve got about 20 logs from that day. Not sure I can match them to the videos but will check tomorrow. Doing the same event in 2 weeks. Hoping another type r is there.
Would love to see some of the logs. Curious what it takes to walk a CTR like that. :)

uberdot

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Silver 2017 6MT
From what I understand the gains from modding a Civic aren’t like the gains a Golf sees. I work with a guy who owns a Type R and he doesn’t even want to race my stage 2 GTI. I think even a stock R would be overkill.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2019 DBP R
Would love to see some of the logs. Curious what it takes to walk a CTR like that. :)
I think this is from the first run. Only lets me upload as a PDF so sorry its a mess.
75951266-3406-4ABD-8D28-DCA8CB3B4EC1.png

Attachments

• 2018-06-16 10_14_05 (1).pdf
    6.9 MB · Views: 63

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
The Type R is a road course weapon by design and lineage. The Golf R takes some work to get it to turn. The 2 cars in similar runs, the R will always be faster in a straight line. In similar states of tune on same tires, CTR will always spank the R on a road course.

Now the mk8 R might be a different story. Can't wait to see that match up. If we get what Europe is getting, it's going to be a monster.