GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
You replaced a clutch and didn't do an alignment? Sir...

edit: turns out you don't need an alignment unless your installer removes the subframe.

1. I wasted 2k on a Stage 2 clutch that won't hold the power I want because I didn't properly research tune outputs.
edit: turns out the clutch might be fine, TOB may be leaking again... so tired of this shit.
2. My firehawk 500s aren't even going to make it a year because the installer didn't do new valves or stems and they require air weekly.
edit: turns out the stock wheels were just bad, bought the car used.
3. GFB DV+ sitting in the box after 40 miles.
4. S&B Cold Air Intake sitting in the closet, replaced with IE V2.

That's nearly $3,000 in the trashcan.

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Been driving the car for the last 2-3 months with still only installing the driverside side skirt…

Attachments

• D6644230-29E7-4B88-AB8E-7D972C257E76.jpeg
    D6644230-29E7-4B88-AB8E-7D972C257E76.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 361
  • C59661DA-D91D-4509-B447-988F0C01E9C1.jpeg
    C59661DA-D91D-4509-B447-988F0C01E9C1.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 357

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I plasti-dipped my interior door handles red, the drivers side started to wear and I peeled it off and haven't fixed it so the driver front door has black and the rest are red
I removed the drivers side fender "GTI" badge and not the passenger
I've been driving with a horrible clunking sound that sounds like I'm running over a manhole for well over a year after I lowered it and haven't bothered to troubleshoot it
While lowering, i removed the axle nuts and grease just poured out. I squirted some high temp moly EP grease in with a syringe and hoped for the best.
Bought new spark plugs in June 2019, 15k miles ago and haven't installed them yet

Oh also I've been driving on a bent 034 aluminum dogbone mount insert for 5 years.

Forgive me father, for I have sinned

Last edited:

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I wasted $1,200 on Unitronic tunes... Some love it, some don't. It wasn't for me. I thought the DSG tune was particularly poor.

I loved the way CBE sounded in videos and thought it would pair well with my resonated DP. Once installed, I couldn't take the added volume & resonance inside the car and went back to stock CBE.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
My GTI has made more than a few Mustangs cry. No I am not sorry for that.
I also have a Mishimoto turbo blanket that has been sitting in the box for 6 months now.
Frequently cruise the highways and interstates at triple digits if nobody is around.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I wasted $1,200 on Unitronic tunes... Some love it, some don't. It wasn't for me. I thought the DSG tune was particularly poor.

I loved the way CBE sounded in videos and thought it would pair well with my resonated DP. Once installed, I couldn't take the added volume & resonance inside the car and went back to stock CBE.
I too, was a habitual Unitronic user, flushing thousands down the toilet.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I bought an IEv2 intake because of a local part out and it was cheap

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
The last time I washed it I only washed the wheels. It's been 4+ months since the outsides been washed.

My interior is just as bad. My dogs been getting in my car once a week since Feb and I haven't vacuumed or detailed the interior in about a year.

EpicTech

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 6sp w/PP
I too, was a habitual Unitronic user, flushing thousands down the toilet.
Interesting. I been 70k+ on UNi stage 2, never a problem and paid 650 for the tune. I make decent power too.. 333/389 dyno and it was on a hot af day, about 98 degrees outside. I know I could make more with a better platform though.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Interesting. I been 70k+ on UNi stage 2, never a problem and paid 650 for the tune. I make decent power too.. 333/389 dyno and it was on a hot af day, about 98 degrees outside. I know I could make more with a better platform though.
not really a problem, but had stage 2 and DSG tune, then dumped it and went EQT, hence flushing the money