GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 "Random / "Stupid" Questions Thread"

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Dashboard, adaptation 'outside_temperature', setting 'p_ice_warning_entry_temperature'
09 - Central Electronics?

If so, I believe the security code is 31347

gulpozen

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Golf TSI
09 - Central Electronics?

If so, I believe the security code is 31347
No, 17 - Dashboard
Some people are saying 25327 may work for post 2016 cars but no working code has been found as of yet.
edit: Tried 25327. It doesn't say that it's incorrect, it just doesn't persist the change. If I exit the module and go back into it, it's back to 4 degrees. Infuriating!

Last edited:

cinderbike

Ready to race!
Phone Q's:
  • How do I disable the voice confirmation prompts? E.g. "Are you sure you want to call X?" Please tell me there's a way.
  • How do I set contacts to order by last instead of first name?
Thanks in advance.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
No, 17 - Dashboard
Some people are saying 25327 may work for post 2016 cars but no working code has been found as of yet.
edit: Tried 25327. It doesn't say that it's incorrect, it just doesn't persist the change. If I exit the module and go back into it, it's back to 4 degrees. Infuriating!
17 is Instruments (in VCDS anyway). I will try to find time to connect and check the security code later today.

https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/17603-security-code-for-17-instruments/

radiantrussian

That tire size is a non issue as far as fitting on the car. It's the wheels you have to worry about. 225 is the max width for some of the narrower VW wheels, but if you have new wheels that are 7.5 or 8 inches wide, 235's will fit fine. For reference, 235 will fit on a 7.5" GTI wheel fine and 235s come standard on the R wheels that are 8". Check out willtheyfit.com and enter your current wheel and tire specs and they new ones.
So if they’re already mounted on a set of rims, then there shouldn’t be any clearance issues? Everything else is stock; on a base golf. Thanks for the input.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Phone Q's:
  • How do I disable the voice confirmation prompts? E.g. "Are you sure you want to call X?" Please tell me there's a way.
  • How do I set contacts to order by last instead of first name?
Thanks in advance.

What phone? In contacts in the settings there should be a choice for first or last name first. The voice prompts would be in the general settings.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Yes, but you should get the wheel specs and check the width and offset just in case.
^this

What are the wheel specs?

Sounds like 17” diameter. But what about width and offset? For that matter, bolt pattern and centre bore diameter?

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
Thanks. How has the reliability been? I've not heard many good things about Jeep reliability
So she has had it since summer. Car has been rock solid so far, its just a work and back / grocery getter but I have 0 complaints and only kudos to jeep, car is stellar. Full leather, full car moon roof, heated everything, 9” touch screen i think. Dual climate controle, full power seats, multi-control terrain options. As a man, i would drive it and have, its all blacked out so that is a plus for me lol. Jeep is a good company, im sure if you look up the reviews for the new models it will all be good