GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 and other cars I’ve seen in Finland

Treadup

Autocross Champion
I am working in Finland currently and have spotted many mk8 variants. No gti, golf r or clubsport yet. They really are pretty sharp looking. This one was an eTsi. I love the taillights and wheels. The front lights are growing on me. I didn’t want to be rude taking interior shots but I did get a peak. The dash is pretty cool. This model had very basic seats, not anything like the gti or R.
If you’re a fan of wagons, they’re everywhere here. Another thing I’ve noticed is that many models of cars do not have any model badges on the back.
F27BE741-EA8B-4292-9CF3-4F2E4DE55731.jpeg
E32FAA37-5716-42FD-9568-7953919632C6.jpeg
ED3C9291-BF81-4A7E-8235-6F9EE904592F.jpeg
28B49D3E-DABC-4CF2-89FB-33DF522E6E2A.jpeg

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Weird thing to say, but I love the new badging they use. I like the look/feel of the new “R” logo, and all that jazz

Treadup

Autocross Champion
The badging is Also growing on me. I saw an R line eTSI Golf tonight and it was really good looking. No photos though.
I may just turn this into a thread for the cool cars I’ve seen here
I’ve never seen a Soviet car before, it’s called a Lada. It’s still light at 11pm here this time of year and that’s when I took the photo of the beetle
8694BF56-F62E-4775-8BF7-B0F785360201.jpeg
77C60204-527D-4C0E-B16D-A1BB1FF308FB.jpeg
D8E8BF4E-043F-48DC-8B45-CF82BE860CC4.jpeg

Last edited:

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Haha. It’s relative to a big city like Chicago as far as food and lodging. Gas is very expensive. There are bike lanes everywhere though so you could go that route also.
Most people speak English here from what I’ve experienced. I’ve spent most of my time near Rauma, Finland on the west coast but have done a day trip to Turku and flown in and out of Helsinki. Feel free to message me with any other questions. It’s a beautiful country.

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Haha. It’s relative to a big city like Chicago as far as food and lodging. Gas is very expensive. There are bike lanes everywhere though so you could go that route also.
Most people speak English here from what I’ve experienced. I’ve spent most of my time near Rauma, Finland on the west coast but have done a day trip to Turku and flown in and out of Helsinki. Feel free to message me with any other questions. It’s a beautiful country.
Thanks for the info!

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
I miss long Northern nights in the summer. Where I lived is about the same latitude as Stockholm; about 800Km North of here. In mid-July the sky doesn't get completely dark at all. Aurora Borealis all year long.

I don't miss short Northern days in the winter. Sunrise at 9:30AM, sunset at about 3:30PM. Horrible.