GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 golf software update

Km1986

Is anyone having issues with their infotainment system,
Mine has shut down twice now,
Apparently it needed a software update through the dealership!

I’m just wondering is this common?
I’d heard via google this is common with mk8 golf. (Faulty software issues)

oakserver

Yes, I've had this as well, it seems to have rebooted completely 3 times in one hour today. Really annoying. It happened whilst using Google maps on iOS 14 car play, was wondering if it was the new CarPlay causing it to crash?

Km1986

Thanks.
my infotainment system needs replaced altogether now. They’ve to order it.
I’m not a happy bunny. Vw head office are currently working with me to maybe let me get an exchange to a different model vw.
Thanks again

oakserver

Wow that’s a bit drastic. At least they are taking it seriously and trying to resolve it. When you say another model do you mean moving completely away from the Golf.

It concerns me if they are not working on fixing the bugs. The Golf 8 has been out a while now you would think updates would be released to rectify the problems.

Apart from reboots did you have any other symptoms? Once even the dashboard went off when the infotainment crashed!

Ive had the car for nearly a month now and have to say I’m not impressed. Have my first dealer appointment next week while they take it in for repair. Might mention your experience. Just hope the new infotainment works for you.

Km1986

Yeah, to be fair the dealership are working with me, The first time this happened, they says it needed a software update just.
However second time round the service team advised it needs replaced, The sales man said it costs “several thousand pounds “. As you said, At least they’re taking it seriously.
Tbh, I’ve opted for a new model altogether, As I’ve just lost all heart in the digital golf. its been with them since last Tuesday, so one week later , They did provide courtesy car too.

Km1986

My infotainment system failed to load up altogether. No sat nav, radio, nothing.
I cuddnt understand it. I’ve had mine three months now.
I quite like the vw Arteon. (A used one).
head office are trying to see if the figures add up etc.. hopefully it works out. Tbh, I see vw having nothing but trouble with the digital golf

oakserver

My infotainment system failed to load up altogether. No sat nav, radio, nothing.
I cuddnt understand it. I’ve had mine three months now.
I quite like the vw Arteon. (A used one).
head office are trying to see if the figures add up etc.. hopefully it works out. Tbh, I see vw having nothing but trouble with the digital golf

Exact same problem for me now, no satnav or radio. Nothing loads - just 'Loading settings' on the screen that never ends. You seem to be a step ahead of me. What the next steps for you then Km1986?

Km1986

It failed to load even for the service team at my vw dealership, They tried everything, In the end, they said the whole thing needs replaced.

in the end they took the car back, Cancelled my contract, And let me pick a new car. I opted for the vw Passat!

they did say they were having teething problems!! But I was the first one who’s wouldn’t turn on altogether.

they’re fantastic to deal with, You shouldn’t have any problems. Hopefully you get sorted too. :))

Stevep33

After a few issues with spurious error messages flashing up, after 10 days my Infotainment went down and now I have nothing! I now have to wait 2 and a half weeks before the dealership can get it in. I'm not happy. Surely this should be a priority with a car only 10 days old.

GAN

Passed Driver's Ed
I purchased the golf Mk 8 style in May and ever since been having intermittent problems with travel assist/front assist warning triangle illuminated and message on dash, sometimes lasts for 50 minutes, its been back to the garage twice and still not been rectified, is anyone else having the same issues? I have emailed VW but still waiting a reply.

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
i think this looks like a problem with the radar component behind the front VW badge. These sensors get calibrated when installed. Maybe miscalibrated or its damaged.

Stevep33

My car has been with the dealership for over a week now with Infotainment problems. Apparently, the main computer that drives everything has a fault and VW have deemed it unsafe to drive. The dealership have informed me I will not be charged for the courtesy car (!!!!!!!) and the replacement computer is on back order and could take up to 2 weeks to arrive.

M4ttV

Passed Driver's Ed
They seem to be replacing the 5F unit in all that have these issues. Mine goes in on Monday after waiting a month on back order.

giovanotti

Passed Driver's Ed
Car is really computerized and seems to be weak chain link for WV.
I have classic view on front panel (rotative RPM and speed gauges) in the middle bottom, I have big icon to show ACC distance (with car icon...) in the middle bottom.
Yesterday I stopped in front of traffic light, one car in front of me. Suddenly icon starts to blink disco style for 10seconds, and then back to normal.
So far, no other major issues so far.

andy1971

took delivery of a TDI 150 R-LINE and the postcode entry is shocking. It doesn't give the address just a load of longitude and latitude numbers. Spoke to the supplying dealer who didn't have a clue. Called VW UK this afternoon and after the lady spoke to the technical bunch for 10 mins came back with book it in with a dealer!! They obviously know there is an issue. Called my local dealer and they were not surprised one bit. Its a lease car but wish I could have my MK7 GTD back. These MK8's look like an electrical nightmare.