GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 golf software update

Stevep33

After being in the dealership for 5 weeks, finally got my car back. Infotainment controller and 12v system controller were faulty and were on back order with VW, costing just under £4000. Now seeing what compensation I can claim for paying for a car that I have not had for 5 weeks.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
I guess it’s a software issue but my Mk8 has a strange ‘function‘ which I think might be called
’Now it works, now it doesn’t, oh there’s a surprise it’s working again’.
Things that do this (presumably to keep me entertained) include Alexa, Front Assist, SOS, Electric/Hybrid button.
Obviously there’s the other ‘function’, ‘Never has worked’ like opening door with just holding the handle, map not on dash.
Very much a first world problem but annoying nevertheless.

burnsie

I've just been told by my dealership, where my car has been patiently waiting for fixes to these issues for the past 14 weeks, that VW have released a software update to resolve these issues. I'm not going to hold my breath....

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
When Tesla does any software updates it’s to make car improvements like better range, more power. With VW, software updates are only to sort out issues that should have been sorted before the car was released.

I read elsewhere on this Forum that the current software is 1664. Apparently there was a new version (1666) but withdrawn. Allegedly 1668 will be available in the new year but perhaps you have had this new version installed and the rest of us won’t have too long to wait. Hopefully this version will sort out everyone’s problems.

Last edited:

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
A Golf 8 Gti owner from Germany received his car a week ago with the discovery media and software version 1788. He also said he was very impressed with the whole system, a lot more stable and faster response.
Also the navigation map view on the instrument cluster is working in his car.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Will these software updates automatically download or should I tap ‘download‘ under Settings. I guess it doesn’t have be done at a VW dealer?

Massimo 2323

Drag Racing Champion
For now he is the only one that i know has that version. We will have to wait probably in january and because its a major update it would need to be done at VW.

Mattbates85

Passed Driver's Ed
I've had my TSI 150 Life for 5 weeks now and had nothing but trouble, its had a software update on Monday but the problems are still there ! so its going back in again :rolleyes:.

anyone experiencing the below

Parking sensors failing to work

ACC picking up different speeds than the actual speed limit in force

Wireless charge pad cuts in and out all the time with an error message "currently unable to charge the mobile device. please remove all items from the mobile tray."

Phone does not connect to Bluetooth automatically on occasions it has to be done manually

Voice control from steering wheel button doesn’t always work

Assisted brake sensor error on occasion

Pinocchio

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a etsi 150 life dsg,and it went in for first service and software update today. Picked car up and was told no software update as a new interface was needed first. The car is 1 yr old and i have had very few issues with the car and asked why new interface was needed. Dealership couldn't answer me on that one. Strange.

Mattbates85

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a etsi 150 life dsg,and it went in for first service and software update today. Picked car up and was told no software update as a new interface was needed first. The car is 1 yr old and i have had very few issues with the car and asked why new interface was needed. Dealership couldn't answer me on that one. Strange.
That is a strange one, I’m on software 1668 it does seem to run quicker but didn’t rectify any of my faults

Pinocchio

Passed Driver's Ed
That is a strange one, I’m on software 1668 it does seem to run quicker but didn’t rectify any of my faults
I'm on 1650 Software,and apart from a warning for 12v battery and infotainment screen freezing once, not had any problems like others. My car is one of the first ones in the Uk,wk 8 2020 and i can't understand why people are having issues and i'm not.

GAN

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the software upgrade (1668) and new steering wheel and harness in January and majority of the previous issues were rectified. I get the occasional issue with parking sensor,
ACC picking up different speeds than the actual speed limit in force.
Phone does not connect to Bluetooth automatically on occasions it has to be done manually
Then it appears to reset and all is working. Compared with the issues I had for 9 months, I can live with these for the time being.