GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 GTI to be revealed in March

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Thanks, it's still in the mail. I flip flopped from tuning this car to just buying a Mk8 in a matter of hours. Made both decisions and spent money on both. I am not a smart man.

A man after my own heart.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Try not to take this the wrong way, but I’ve killed for less, good sir.

10k, bring it. Medicine kills way more, I like my odds. 🤣🤣🤣

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I have it on good authority that Corpin will only pretend to pay under a false name 😂

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
This made my day.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
Sell the car as stock, it's never been tuned, just has some basic bolt on mods that I'll pull off once I know the Mk8 R delivery date. But I guess you're saying I could just keep the AP tuner and wait for Mk8 R tunes to be released, right? Then it's just paying for a new tune since the AP wouldn't have even been paired to the old car.

I don't know about the Mk8, but for the Mk7 and Mk7.5, the GTI/A3 Accessports are a different model (-002) than the R/S3 Accessports (-003). I don't think your plan will work.

Either sell the AP BNIB right now, or flash your GTI now, enjoy it, sell it when the R comes in and get a new AP and tune for the R.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I don't know about the Mk8, but for the Mk7 and Mk7.5, the GTI/A3 Accessports are a different model (-002) than the R/S3 Accessports (-003). I don't think your plan will work.

Either sell the AP BNIB right now, or flash your GTI now, enjoy it, sell it when the R comes in and get a new AP and tune for the R.
I'm a little fuzzy on the exact details, but APs can also be converted by Cobb to work on an alternate platform. Obviously there is a cost to that too, so it could still be better to sell and rebuy, but it's worth emailing Cobb to ask.

shovelhd

Autocross Champion
I'm a little fuzzy on the exact details, but APs can also be converted by Cobb to work on an alternate platform. Obviously there is a cost to that too, so it could still be better to sell and rebuy, but it's worth emailing Cobb to ask.

True, but it's not cost effective at $473.