GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
How can they be switching to MY23 already?
Also I'm willing to bet that the facelift is still coming next year.
Historically, VW have started building cars incorporating the next year’s model year changes from production week 22, which is end May / beginning June. Assuming VW’s model year switch is still production week 22, commencement of building MY23 cars is imminent.

IMHO whether or not there’s a facelift model next year will depend on how long the lifespan of the mk8 Golf is.

adam2231

Passed Driver's Ed
How can they be switching to MY23 already?
Also I'm willing to bet that the facelift is still coming next year.
I don't expect a facelift to be announced until late 2023 for the 2024 year. That would make more sense.

They should delay it though, since I don't even think they'll find the chips to produce any prototypes. And they should respect the backlog

wwo

Passed Driver's Ed
Historically, VW have started building cars incorporating the next year’s model year changes from production week 22, which is end May / beginning June. Assuming VW’s model year switch is still production week 22, commencement of building MY23 cars is imminent.

IMHO whether or not there’s a facelift model next year will depend on how long the lifespan of the mk8 Golf is.
I still don't see how it makes sense in current conditions and with what I assume is a long queue of MY22's to finish.

wwo

Passed Driver's Ed
I have been also told that now you can't be guaranteed to pay the price you ordered the car for by the dealer anymore. If there are any price increases inbetween you ordering the car and you recieving the car you will most likely have to pay them.

adam2231

Passed Driver's Ed
I have been also told that now you can't be guaranteed to pay the price you ordered the car for by the dealer anymore. If there are any price increases inbetween you ordering the car and you recieving the car you will most likely have to pay them.
Such bullshit. What does it say in your agreement with the dealer? For example I am only get hit with a price increase if there is a facelift of the GTI, otherwise I pay the price written on my contract.

wwo

Passed Driver's Ed
Such bullshit. What does it say in your agreement with the dealer? For example I am only get hit with a price increase if there is a facelift of the GTI, otherwise I pay the price written on my contract.
This is a new policy. My contract is unaffected.

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
I had a confirmed build week 19. As of yesterday still without chassis number. I've also been told that even with chassis number cars can still be unfinished-waiting for parts requiring semiconductors. Been told not to expect it before july.
When did you place the order?

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I still don't see how it makes sense in current conditions and with what I assume is a long queue of MY22's to finish.
The way it’s worked historically is that once production commences for the next year’s model year, cars ordered but not yet built will be built with the next year’s model year spec.

I’m assuming that any partially built MY22 cars that are waiting for semiconductors or for components that are missing semiconductors will be completed as MY22 cars.

GMan22

Ready to race!
The way it’s worked historically is that once production commences for the next year’s model year, cars ordered but not yet built will be built with the next year’s model year spec.

I’m assuming that any partially built MY22 cars that are waiting for semiconductors or for components that are missing semiconductors will be completed as MY22 cars.
Do you reckon cars that have passed their confirmed build dates but haven’t started yet will be built as MY23?

wwo

Passed Driver's Ed

Damn I hope its MY22. Not a fan of the leatherette in MY23.

Last edited:

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
I don’t think there will be face lifted model anytime soon and there will not be a Mk9 Golf. The Mk8 will be the last Golf. Like it or not the future is electric and VW have got that covered with the ID3. Looking forward to the Mk8 ID3 with a solid state battery and 800 mile range and fully charging in the time it takes to fuel up a petrol/diesel car.

Of course I could be writing total b*ll*cks. 🤔🙄😳

GMan22

Ready to race!
I don’t think there will be face lifted model anytime soon and there will not be a Mk9 Golf. The Mk8 will be the last Golf. Like it or not the future is electric and VW have got that covered with the ID3. Looking forward to the Mk8 ID3 with a solid state battery and 800 mile range and fully charging in the time it takes to fuel up a petrol/diesel car.

Of course I could be writing total b*ll*cks. 🤔🙄😳
VW has already said there will be a MK9. Or that there will be another successor