GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

GMan22

Ready to race!
Do you know if yours was a cancelled order? Ordered my GTD early January and the last I heard from the dealer was the unconfirmed build week was the middle of November 2022 but now brought back to status 0. So I’ve just bought a new Polo GTI and picking it up next week, as I’m not expecting my Mk8 for a while.
I have no idea pal. Could well have been with the time frame

Reactions: wwo

Ciccina2016

Update on mine..

All of a sudden the car has been built and it should be delivered within the next 2 to 3 weeks.

The order was placed in July 2021.
Provisional Delivery date end of December 2021.
Production was delayed in January,February,March,May.
The order was set in status 20 beginning of May and production week 17.
Golf Style 150 TDI Automatic with Winter Pack, IQ Lights, Proactive Passenger Protection.

I kept the order as now this car would cost 4-5 K more if purchased now.

Last edited:

wwo

Passed Driver's Ed
Dealer just emailed me to tell me my car is completed build and has left the factory.
Update on mine..

All of a sudden the car has been built and it should be delivered within the next 2 to 3 weeks.

The order was in status 20 and production week 17.
That is so awesome! Things are finally moving! Hope mine gets built in the next two weeks :D

DenisV

So I discovered that in the MyVolkswagen tool when you open your browser devtools and move to the network tab ("XHR" filtering on). There is one of the "apexremote" requests that requests "COMP_CONTR_VehicleRegister" and "COMP_CONTR_Discover" objects. In the response these objects contain the details of your order, even if the page says the tool is disabled.

My order went to status ("Status__c") "Freeze Period" last week and checked again today to see it set at "Scheduled". Here's to hoping this means it's going to be build in the near future. Order confirmation was early april 2021 so it's been 13 months since then so far.

Edit: just noticed the "Production_Week_SEN__c" is also now filled in and set to week 25.

wwo

Passed Driver's Ed
So I discovered that in the MyVolkswagen tool when you open your browser devtools and move to the network tab ("XHR" filtering on). There is one of the "apexremote" requests that requests "COMP_CONTR_VehicleRegister" and "COMP_CONTR_Discover" objects. In the response these objects contain the details of your order, even if the page says the tool is disabled.

My order went to status ("Status__c") "Freeze Period" last week and checked again today to see it set at "Scheduled". Here's to hoping this means it's going to be build in the near future. Order confirmation was early april 2021 so it's been 13 months since then so far.

Edit: just noticed the "Production_Week_SEN__c" is also now filled in and set to week 25.
Could you provide the link to the tool? AFAIK it isn't available in my country anyway but I would just like to see how it looks.

DenisV

Could you provide the link to the tool? AFAIK it isn't available in my country anyway but I would just like to see how it looks.
Belgium. The link to the tool is myvolkswagen.be. If it's available in your country you should have a link and code on your offer that lead to it I think.

Reactions: wwo

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Do you know if yours was a cancelled order? Ordered my GTD early January and the last I heard from the dealer was the unconfirmed build week was the middle of November 2022 but now brought back to status 0. So I’ve just bought a new Polo GTI and picking it up next week, as I’m not expecting my Mk8 for a while.
@rhys15; Smart move IMHO.

The Polo has grown in size over the years and the current generation car isn’t that much smaller than the Golf. You lose out a little on luggage space and there are probably a few more pieces of hard plastic in the interior, but equipment levels are good and it’ll accommodate four average sized people without issue (five at a squeeze). Model for model it’s also quite a bit cheaper than the Golf; comparing list prices, the Polo GTI’s list price is 23% less than the list price of the cheapest Golf GTI, and based on discussions over on uk-polos.net forum, the typical lead time for a brand new Polo GTI is currently around 5-6 months compared to 12 months or longer for a performance Golf. From what I’ve not read, the latest Polo doesn’t seem to be affected by the many software issues that the Golf has suffered from either. The potential downside to the Polo is the limited engine range - either a 1.0 litre petrol with power output ranging from 80-110 ps, or a 2.0 litre 207ps in the GTI.

I‘ve owned my current Polo GTI Plus (a 2020 model which is current shape car but the pre-facelift version) since September 2020 and it’s been trouble free - the only trip back to the dealers was for its first service last September. Well equipped and performance is very good, as is fuel economy.

So for anyone who’s fed up waiting for their Golf or who is considering ordering a Golf but hasn’t done so yet, maybe the Polo would be a viable alternative? 🤔

Last edited:

TJFused

Passed Driver's Ed
It's so sad seeing these late deliveries, even for the performance models, you ordered the R right?
Yeh ordered an R. I’m worried my dealer will try and cancel my car because I ordered before VW price increase and bought it through drive the deal, basically got all the bells and whistles for sub 39k! Which is why I won’t cancel because it’s such a good deal!

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
Yeh ordered an R. I’m worried my dealer will try and cancel my car because I ordered before VW price increase and bought it through drive the deal, basically got all the bells and whistles for sub 39k! Which is why I won’t cancel because it’s such a good deal!
Seriously?? The R in my country price list is 49,900 euros 😂 and thats without any extras

TJFused

Passed Driver's Ed
Seriously?? The R in my country price list is 49,900 euros 😂 and thats without any extras
Yeh base price of an R in the UK is now £42,190. Back when I ordered base price was around £39,500 (I think), price of options and vehicle has since increase

GMan22

Ready to race!
Update on mine..

Provisional Delivery date end of December 2021.
Production was delayed in January,February,March,May.
The order was set in status 20 beginning of May and production week 17.
Golf Style 150 TDI Automatic with Winter Pack, IQ Lights, Proactive Passenger Protection.

I kept the order as now this car would cost 4-5 K more if purchased now.
Week 17 bros *high five*

wwo

Passed Driver's Ed
@rhys15; Smart move IMHO.

The Polo has grown in size over the years and the current generation car isn’t that much smaller than the Golf. You lose out a little on luggage space and there are probably a few more pieces of hard plastic in the interior, but equipment levels are good and it’ll accommodate four average sized people without issue (five at a squeeze). Model for model it’s also quite a bit cheaper than the Golf; comparing list prices, the Polo GTI’s list price is 23% less than the list price of the cheapest Golf GTI, and based on discussions over on uk-polos.net forum, the typical lead time for a brand new Polo GTI is currently around 5-6 months compared to 12 months or longer for a performance Golf. From what I’ve not read, the latest Polo doesn’t seem to be affected by the many software issues that the Golf has suffered from either. The potential downside to the Polo is the limited engine range - either a 1.0 litre petrol with power output ranging from 80-110 ps, or a 2.0 litre 207ps in the GTI.

I‘ve owned my current Polo GTI Plus (a 2020 model which is current shape car but the pre-facelift version) since September 2020 and it’s been trouble free - the only trip back to the dealers was for its first service last September. Well equipped and performance is very good, as is fuel economy.

So for anyone who’s fed up waiting for their Golf or who is considering ordering a Golf but hasn’t done so yet, maybe the Polo would be a viable alternative? 🤔
I agree that while, the engines are annoyingly small, the dash is meh and same goes for the rear lights, the thing that bothers me most with the Polo is the same reason why I opted for the Golf instead of Audi A3 and that is the size. While Polo grew substantially it still isn't quite as big as the Golf and for me it ends up feeling cramped. Also for me there isn't enough luggage space and same goes for the A3. (The 2021 model is around the same price as the Golf albeit you miss on some nice but not exactly necessary extras).
That said, if I knew how long I would be waiting for the mk8 I would have taken the Audi.