GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

rayaans

Ready to race!
I'm not quite sure what to do now. I can full expect the GTI to be further delayed but this also drives down the cost of my current car value. I also have a service and new insurance payments coming up so I'm put into an awkward place.

I did find a Renault Megane RS that is reasonably priced in my country and unsure if perhaps I should just go with that? The biggest differences I can see is that running costs will be higher with the Megane and its a bit more dated interior (all the tech is there though). The Megane is faster, but lacks a LSD.

It's all horses for courses I think. If you're happy to wait, just wait it out. I can't imagine the value of your current car going down massively really and it'll be negligible compared to savings you'd make by simply keeping hold of it than changing.

GMan22

Ready to race!
I always ask a question here then the dealer emails me an hour later. My car is due to arrive at the dealer tomorrow with a high likelihood for pickup this Friday. Dealer isn’t promising 100% but should be this Friday 🤞

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
Called up my dealer asking if my car that i ordered in January will come with MY23 changes and they said that it won't, still didn't mention any confirmed build weeks or anything

GMan22

Ready to race!
Called up my dealer asking if my car that i ordered in January will come with MY23 changes and they said that it won't, still didn't mention any confirmed build weeks or anything
If it won’t come with MY23 changes then it should be being built before 25th June, that’s when they transition over. But strange they haven’t given you any date or whatever

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
If it won’t come with MY23 changes then it should be being built before 25th June, that’s when they transition over. But strange they haven’t given you any date or whatever
My dealer sucks... no updates whatsoever, i heard close people to me say that the only updates they got was when the car was in the country 😂

saladdodger

Just had a update from my broker saying my my car should have gone into production last week of May but not confirmed , last dealer direct update was September build so who knows

GMan22

Ready to race!
My dealer sucks... no updates whatsoever, i heard close people to me say that the only updates they got was when the car was in the country 😂
I’ve been spamming my dealer, they are generally good at updates but extra spamming means I’ve had an update every week haha maybe employ that method? 😂

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
I’ve been spamming my dealer, they are generally good at updates but extra spamming means I’ve had an update every week haha maybe employ that method? 😂
I have been spamming them every week 1 month after placing the order but still nothing, if they still don't have any updates even until now 4 months later then its just a matter of if my patience is enough

wwo

Passed Driver's Ed
I have been spamming them every week 1 month after placing the order but still nothing, if they still don't have any updates even until now 4 months later then its just a matter of if my patience is enough
With the delivery times being what they are its not realistic to expect any update from the dealer this soon. The only information the dealer has is a provisional date which can still change drastically. The first information that I recieved that wasn't ''it won't be coming anytime soon'' was actually in march 9 months after ordering the car and that was a provisional bw 19 and later in march that went on to become a confirmed build date. Now im waiting on info if it is built or not.

It is not your dealers fault that they don't give you information they don't have and if you ordered in february i wouldn't expect any news before october or november.

Last edited:

gjm

Passed Driver's Ed
My dealership seems okay, I seem to get an email at the beginning of each month telling me what my provisional build date is. When I first ordered in Nov I was told June, this week in fact, but then in March that changed to September and each month since then it has remained static.

For all I know they could just be picking a date out of the air that is far enough out to avoid any questions.

wwo

Passed Driver's Ed
My dealership seems okay, I seem to get an email at the beginning of each month telling me what my provisional build date is. When I first ordered in Nov I was told June, this week in fact, but then in March that changed to September and each month since then it has remained static.

For all I know they could just be picking a date out of the air that is far enough out to avoid any questions.
I never get a direct answer or estimate from my dealer, they are always leaving themselves some slack. While I completely understand them it is annoying having to basically beg for info.