GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

Dwj

Ordered my GTD ( winter pack, rear camera, 19” alloys) Nov 2021 - was originally ordered by dealer August 2021.
Was build week 4 2021, then 38, now it’s just “January 2023” 🙄

gjm

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello all. I have been reading this forum with interest since I ordered a Golf GTD in Daytona Grey (with no extras) through a leasing company back on 14 December 2021. I was told then not to expect the car much before end of June 2022 because of the supply chain issues. Heard nothing until May when they told me it was a week 20 build then It all went quiet until today - it’s due at the dealership in 14 days time! So it sounds like there are some coming through at last….fingers crossed for you all that you get some welcome news soon.
Congrats, you did the right thing in ordering a stock vehicle, if I could go back in time I would probably do the same.
I’ve started seeing GTD’s coming through, mostly stock or lightly configured (18’s vs. 19 inch wheels). I did see a nicely configured one a week ago, that was a cancelled customer order, and it sold within a day. I’m fighting my head vs. heart, I know I should hang on as it makes the most financial sense with the price increases we have seen, and probably still to see.

AlexHobune

The machine was assembled at week 19, but is waiting for the semiconductors. But the semiconductors were found for 93 T-Roc , and 46 T-Cross which can be picked up tomorrow.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I wonder what the storage facilities are like for the (presumably) many part built cars awaiting missing semiconductors? I’m assuming there are far too many part built cars to make it feasible to store them under cover in warehouses or other industrial type buildings, so they’re not exposed to the elements for a potentially long period of time 🤔.

CH47AV8R

I wonder what the storage facilities are like for the (presumably) many part built cars awaiting missing semiconductors? I’m assuming there are far too many part built cars to make it feasible to store them under cover in warehouses or other industrial type buildings, so they’re not exposed to the elements for a potentially long period of time 🤔.
Huge open air lots. They're VWs not Bugatti's. 🤷‍♂️

gjm

Passed Driver's Ed
Huge open air lots. They're VWs not Bugatti's. 🤷‍♂️
Last car I purchased was during the WLTP switch over, and I remember reading and seeing pictures of loads of VW cars parked up at Berlin airport awaiting emission testing, so maybe they are using those sites again.

adam2231

Passed Driver's Ed
Last car I purchased was during the WLTP switch over, and I remember reading and seeing pictures of loads of VW cars parked up at Berlin airport awaiting emission testing, so maybe they are using those sites again.
Anyone from Germany here and with a drone that could do a little bit of surveillance for us? 😉

sh16

Are there any on here waiting on a GTI? I don’t see much mention of GTI orders here. Ordered ours in September 2021, last update we had put us on a September build date but no updates for the last month
Waiting on a Moonstone Grey GTI with reversing camera. Ordered Nov 2021 via a lease company and just had an update that it's expected Dec 2022. Fully expecting this to be pushed back however as it's already been pushed back from June to August to October and now December.

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
Went to my dealer to clear things up and i've been told that my car will go into production week 3 of 2023. Ordered February this year. Took the opportunity to ask if i was allowed to add more extras and so i added a sunroof, keyless entry, ventura rims and driving mode selection. (1.5 eTSI style)

TJFused

Passed Driver's Ed
Are there any on here waiting on a GTI? I don’t see much mention of GTI orders here. Ordered ours in September 2021, last update we had put us on a September build date but no updates for the last month
I ordered an R in June 2021. Today is exactly 12 months from my order. Very little and no updates from my dealer unless I chase and now all I get is semi conductor chip shortages and conflict in Ukraine having an impact on supply chains and lead times.

dremavec

Passed Driver's Ed
Update from my side, in case somebody finds it useful.

Had a change of heart about two months ago after waiting for Style version for about 3/4 of a year and was clearly told they can't promise me I will be driving it before the Summer. Made spec changes in between for which the dealer told me shouldn't affect delivery. Canceled the order and got full refund (I imagine they will make a big profit by keeping the order and selling the car). Ordered an A3 Saloon and am driving it two months and one day (!) later. The chip shortage no-nos were made clear, parking sensors and ambiental lighting would delay the order, so I got a discounted rear view camera instead.

Going for this car with a Golf budget the experience for me was essentially: in Golf you go for nice-to-haves, in A3 Saloon for must-haves. With a better financing deal I got within about 2.5k of the Golf speced to my liking while keeping the 150 mild hybrid engine. I can't say I have any regrets right now as it looks and feels like a beast of a car, even in a basic outside spec with just some strategic extras and splashing on aftermarket wheels with CrossClimate 2 17inch tires (btw, removing the A3 badge is a no cost option 😄). It is a no-nonsense car, buttons for important stuff, infotainment works great so far, including (wireless) android auto (and I am coming from a 10+ year old car).

Basically, I started to feel like an a-hole waiting for an expensive 'understated' car that looks 10k cheaper and went for the one that costs about the same and looks and feels a full class above the compact hatch. The term 'pragmatic buy' became more relative the more I felt like an a-hole for waiting and conceded to the notion that intangible qualities like how you feel about the car matter more than an extra gimmick I might never use in the end.

I guess VAG made even more money for less extras from me in the end ... the house always wins 🙂

Last edited:

Topaz

Passed Driver's Ed
I like the new Audi A3 but trying to find one in the North west at a reasonable price is impossible....