GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

dremavec

Passed Driver's Ed
I like the new Audi A3 but trying to find one in the North west at a reasonable price is impossible....
The trick is, going in with a Golf budget, to spec it out yourself ... I see they are regularly around 35k, and when you look closely they have the 110 HP engine or a manual transmission, which for me is a joke at this price. You can save a fortune on seat and visual addons and stuff like upgraded lights, folding mirrors, built-in navigation etc. (depending on the market) that you won't care for after you actually own the car. You will have both bulit in navigation and car play in a Golf, but it is not something worth paying extra twice for example. Same perhaps with rear sensors and a camera, and ACC and additionally lane keeping. Requires different thinking and depends on personal must-haves of course. If you want all the bells and whistles, it is a very expensive car, but a must-haves speced one can still be great.

adam2231

Passed Driver's Ed
The trick is, going in with a Golf budget, to spec it out yourself ... I see they are regularly around 35k, and when you look closely they have the 110 HP engine or a manual transmission, which for me is a joke at this price. You can save a fortune on seat and visual addons and stuff like upgraded lights, folding mirrors, built-in navigation etc. (depending on the market) that you won't care for after you actually own the car. You will have both bulit in navigation and car play in a Golf, but it is not something worth paying extra twice for example. Same perhaps with rear sensors and a camera, and ACC and additionally lane keeping. Requires different thinking and depends on personal must-haves of course. If you want all the bells and whistles, it is a very expensive car, but a must-haves speced one can still be great.
To be fair VW did often give pretty generous discounts on their cars. So even if you speced it out, with the discounts it would come out pretty reasonably. VW offered the largest discount (in February '22) when I was shopping around and beat Hyundai and Ford (who offered zero discount).

I suspect with the current economic climate and quotes from the CEO, discounts will become less common but its too hard to predict how the automotive industry will operate in 5 years time.

DenisV

Status moved to "Importer transport". No idea what that means but I hope it means the car is on its way.

Ralphie137

Received my monthly update from Lex Autolease today….

Delivery date for a standard GTE pushed back (again) to 31.12.2022, order placed with dealer 01.07.2021:mad:

gjm

Passed Driver's Ed
I got my update a couple of days ago, ordered in November 2021, now with a provisional build of February 2023!

I wonder if it is more a case of VW prioritising cars with the most value, ie. Post price rise, and those of us that ordered months/years ago with price protection keep getting pushed to the bottom of the queue, with the hope & expectation of VW and dealers that we get frustrated and cancel. Once that vehicle arrives they can sell it at the current price making a tidy profit on each cancelled order.

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
Ordered in Nov last year (GTE with winter pack, HUD, reverse camera, wheels) - came forward to BW43 (from BW48). Although that was last week, who knows where it sits now.

exesoundtech

Received my monthly update from Lex Autolease today….

Delivery date for a standard GTE pushed back (again) to 31.12.2022, order placed with dealer 01.07.2021:mad:

Oh no! As it happens my Lex ordered GTE is currently on the back of a truck somewhere on the M3 heading my way. Mine was ordered on 08.06.2021, and had gone to an estimated stock date of 29.07.2022 at one point. All of which tells me VW don't have much of a clue what is going on in the Wolfsburg factory...

Keeping fingers crossed that you get a more positive update soon! 🤞

Ralphie137

Oh no! As it happens my Lex ordered GTE is currently on the back of a truck somewhere on the M3 heading my way. Mine was ordered on 08.06.2021, and had gone to an estimated stock date of 29.07.2022 at one point. All of which tells me VW don't have much of a clue what is going on in the Wolfsburg factory...

I’ve been thinking the same about VW for a while now, how 3 weeks difference in order date can equal 4/5 months difference in delivery date is strange, to say the least.

I haven’t really been pushy with Lex till now but I think need to start. If nothing else I need to get rid of my current diesel car to get my BiK down a bit.

AlexHobune

Получил пару дней назад свое обновление, заказал в ноябре 2021 года, теперь с предварительной сборкой от февраля 2023 года!

Интересно, что это скорее случай, когда VW отдает предпочтение автомобилям с наибольшей прибылью, т.е. После обращения цен, и тех из нас, кто заказал несколько месяцев / лет назад с ценовой защитой, продолжают отодвигать в конце очереди, с надеждой и ожиданием VW и дилеров, что мы разочаровываемся и отменяем. Как только этот автомобиль прибывает, они продают его по запросу, получая приличную прибыль с каждого похищенного

Получил пару дней назад свое обновление, заказал в ноябре 2021, теперь с предварительной сборкой от февраля 2023!

Интересно, это скорее случай, когда VW отдает предпочтение автомобилям с наибольшей ценностью, т.е. После повышения цен, и тех из нас, кто заказал несколько месяцев / лет назад с ценовой защитой, продолжают отодвигать в конец очереди, с надеждой и ожиданием VW и дилеров, что мы разочаровываемся и отменяем. Как только этот автомобиль прибывает, они могут продать его по текущей цене, получая приличную прибыль с каждого отмененного заказа.
My car was assembled at week 19, and is waiting for some kind of semiconductor in the status (priority), I also think that Volkswagen is waiting until I cancel the order. And selling the car is more expensive. And I think the car is fully assembled, just hoping that my patience will run out

exesoundtech

As an update - the car arrived as planned on Thursday, and has been "exercised" over the weekend ;-)

Good luck to everyone else still waiting - hopefully you all get good news soon...

hm390

My GTE (Ordered Aug 21) has been confirmed as built and is waiting shipment to the UK. Does anyone have an idea of timescales from being built to delivery ?

exesoundtech

My GTE (Ordered Aug 21) has been confirmed as built and is waiting shipment to the UK. Does anyone have an idea of timescales from being built to delivery ?

Mine (delivered last week) has quality control paperwork signed off at the beginning of June if that gives any indication?

saladdodger

My R line ordered November 21 has been confirmed built at the end of May , chased the dealer today but he knows no more apart from its coming !

Rick A

My R line ordered November 21 has been confirmed built at the end of May , chased the dealer today but he knows no more apart from its coming !
Good news.

Did you order any options on your R-Line?

I also ordered an R-Line in November 2021 in Kings Red with Park Assist, Rear camera and Side Assist. I had been told to expect the car in September or October this year, but my dealer now says that there is no build date listed on the system for my order since the changeover to Model Year 23.

saladdodger

Good news.

Did you order any options on your R-Line?

I also ordered an R-Line in November 2021 in Kings Red with Park Assist, Rear camera and Side Assist. I had been told to expect the car in September or October this year, but my dealer now says that there is no build date listed on the system for my order since the changeover to Model Year 23.
No options and stock colour , but was told June at order then October then told build was last week in May , but could all be BS ??