GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

toejamtam

Update on mines, was unconfirmed due end of Sep now showing still unconfirmed due Nov. FFS

Rick A

Annoying that there is so much variability in confirmed build dates and deliveries for cars ordered at similar times.

Last edited:

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
Got an update on ours, too.

Ordered Nov. 2021, a few different dates, now BW03 2023. Absolutely ridiculous, to order a car in 2021 and receive it in 2023.
Got given the same bw but mine was ordered on feb 2022

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
Is there a customers complaint number that one can call?

I'll be real, and i might come off a bit like a Karen now, but we ordered a car in Nov 2021, with a quoted delivery time (then) at 6 months. We ordered a wall charger and EV tariff accordingly. We're now wasting money on an EV tariff with nothing to charge, and by the time we eventually get the car (god knows when), that EV tariff either might not be available anymore, or has increased to a rate where it becomes painful to charge even at night. On top of that, we're continuing to burn petrol for a almost a full year after the original quoted delivery date, which is another thousand+ pounds in total.

As i said, call me Karen, but i don't think it's quite right for them to expect us to foot those bills, and then hand us a car with 20 miles worth of petrol and an empty HV battery and be happy with the experience. I don't want the car for free, or £10.000 off the list price - but some kind of compensation/good will gesture i actually would expect by now.

toejamtam

Got an update on ours, too.

Ordered Nov. 2021, a few different dates, now BW03 2023. Absolutely ridiculous, to order a car in 2021 and receive it in 2023.
Yep feel your pain. Not really expecting it this year tbh. Would have cancelled long ago if the deal wasnt so good.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie

I'll be real, and i might come off a bit like a Karen now, but we ordered a car in Nov 2021, with a quoted delivery time (then) at 6 months. We ordered a wall charger and EV tariff accordingly. We're now wasting money on an EV tariff with nothing to charge, and by the time we eventually get the car (god knows when), that EV tariff either might not be available anymore, or has increased to a rate where it becomes painful to charge even at night. On top of that, we're continuing to burn petrol for a almost a full year after the original quoted delivery date, which is another thousand+ pounds in total.

As i said, call me Karen, but i don't think it's quite right for them to expect us to foot those bills, and then hand us a car with 20 miles worth of petrol and an empty HV battery and be happy with the experience. I don't want the car for free, or £10.000 off the list price - but some kind of compensation/good will gesture i actually would expect by now.

I’m on a few other VAG forums and some members on those forums have been waiting 12 months or longer since placing their order. A forum member over on VWROC.com forum posted earlier today that the unconfirmed build date for their car has now been pushed back to December this year - order was placed May 2021. Complaining might make you feel better but unfortunately I doubt very much it’ll achieve anything by way of a positive outcome as there‘ll be many thousands of customers who’ll be in a similar position to you.

Was the delivery time you were quoted an estimated or actual delivery time? I suspect it was the former; with the car manufacturing industry having suffered supply chain issues for many months now (not just VW, but the majority of manufacturers) I’d be very surprised if a VW dealer would have given anything other than an a tentative indication of a delivery date. If you do decide to complain, then the official response from VW will probably be that the reason(s) for the delays and extended lead times are due to external factors outside their control.

As an alternative to waiting, you could try searching sites such as Auto Trader and use the search filters on that site to source new unregistered or pre registered Golf plug in hybrid‘s in stock at VW dealers. There are usually a few for sale and you’d avoid the long wait. However, the downsides are that you wouldn’t be able to choose colour or spec, and the price may be higher than the price you agreed on your deal. Alternatively, you could consider other makes and models of car to see if wait times are any shorter or if other (non-VW) brands have a decent selection of in-stock vehicles.

adam2231

Passed Driver's Ed
As an alternative to waiting, you could try searching sites such as Auto Trader and use the search filters on that site to source new unregistered or pre registered Golf plug in hybrid‘s in stock at VW dealers. There are usually a few for sale and you’d avoid the long wait. However, the downsides are that you wouldn’t be able to choose colour or spec, and the price may be higher than the price you agreed on your deal. Alternatively, you could consider other makes and models of car to see if wait times are any shorter or if other (non-VW) brands have a decent selection of in-stock vehicles.
Yes it is a lot of work but if you call around dealers they might have a car in stock, or a car that they've ordered that is being delivered soon. I was able to find a few deals on incoming i30N's and Megane RS's, but you will be paying more than the price agreement you have with VW.

DenisV

My GTE (ordered April 2021) is currently at status "Importer Arrival". So I hope that the tracking is correct, because that status sounds like pretty good news.

rayaans

Ready to race!

Honestly dont think thats a reasonable request.

You were provided with an estimated delivery time. This is never set in stone and can change especially when there has been supply chain issues and a war. You really should read your T&Cs in the contract.

I think you should be content that VW won't have increased the price of your vehicle or reduced any discounts.

The wall charger, EV tariff and using more fuel is entirely your choice and could have been avoided by waiting until receiving confirmation that the vehicle was on its way to the UK and therefore, it is completely and utterly unreasonable for VW to give any compensation or goodwill.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Assuming I keep my GTE (that I bought in October 2021) for three years when do you think I should put an order in for it’s replacement 🤔?

I might go all electric next time and treat myself to a secondhand Mazda MX5 😳 as a second vehicle for longer journeys.

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
Assuming I keep my GTE (that I bought in October 2021) for three years when do you think I should put an order in for it’s replacement 🤔?

I might go all electric next time and treat myself to a secondhand Mazda MX5 😳 as a second vehicle for longer journeys.
One thing for sure, if you get an ID order it now so you'll have it by 2025

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
Honestly dont think thats a reasonable request.

You were provided with an estimated delivery time. This is never set in stone and can change especially when there has been supply chain issues and a war. You really should read your T&Cs in the contract.

I think you should be content that VW won't have increased the price of your vehicle or reduced any discounts.

The wall charger, EV tariff and using more fuel is entirely your choice and could have been avoided by waiting until receiving confirmation that the vehicle was on its way to the UK and therefore, it is completely and utterly unreasonable for VW to give any compensation or goodwill.

After contacting VW through the number supplied by our salesperson: you're wrong. I suppose you could argue that you're "technically" correct, but VW agrees that we never should've gotten a 6 month estimate (which we could present in writing too). At the time, a 12-14 months estimate would've been correct (and that was PRIOR to the Ukraine war), there was no reason whatsoever to assume that 6 months (to delivery, no less) were realistic. VW understood that a delivery estimate is part of the buying decision - and that we've been bullshtted on that front to sway us to place the order. Oh, and we did get "compensated" too, although i still have to arrange/confirm that with our dealership. Of course not a monetary compensation (neither wanted nor expected), nor does our car arrive faster now (very wanted but not expected) - but we did get a few small goodies as an apology/sign of good will.

Here's reality. Defend companies for anti-consumer behaviour all you want. Fact of the matter is, you're wrong. We did get an acknowledgement by VW (or their support team at least), and we did get a few things out of it.

My tip for others, don't listen to people that defend this behaviour as normal, it's not.

A neighbour ordered an ID3 Max (not even available anymore, i don't think?) September last year, won't get it this year. If nothing changes in the next 2.5 years in terms of availability of cars, you probably should look at 12-18 months prior.