GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

hm390

Am told my GTE is on it’s way to the UK, so I guess status 38 or 39 ? Anyone have an idea on how long it takes to arrive at the dealership ?

rayaans

Ready to race!
December 2021 - Order confirmed
January 2022 - Week 23
February 2022 - Week 38
March 2022 - Week 45
April 2022 - Week 39
May 2022 - Week 00 (Preparation for MY23 factory changes)
6th June 2022 - Week 46
22nd June 2022 - Week 40
18th July 2022 - Week 49

Additionally - turns out that the MY22 model year vehicles currently dont have a build date so are at 00. MY23 models appear to mainly have a build date and most between week 50 2022 and Week 19 of 2023

Rick A

Additionally - turns out that the MY22 model year vehicles currently dont have a build date so are at 00. MY23 models appear to mainly have a build date and most between week 50 2022 and Week 19 of 2023
I was just wondering if you could clarify what this means? By MY22 model year vehicles do you mean any orders placed prior to the MY23 production changeover date and MY23 models are any ordered after that date?

rayaans

Ready to race!
I was just wondering if you could clarify what this means? By MY22 model year vehicles do you mean any orders placed prior to the MY23 production changeover date and MY23 models are any ordered after that date?

No. There's a specific date in the factory at which any golfs being built will switch over to MY23.

It looks like this date may be around November/December.

So far all of them that have been built are MY22 cars and it's only when customers start receiving delivery will we know when the switchover is

Rick A

No. There's a specific date in the factory at which any golfs being built will switch over to MY23.

It looks like this date may be around November/December.

So far all of them that have been built are MY22 cars and it's only when customers start receiving delivery will we know when the switchover is
Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense as I have been told by my dealer that my Golf (R-Line ordered November 2021) still does not have any build date listed. I assume they mean it's showing as 00.

I assume then that VW will try to fulfil all the outstanding MY22 orders and then start the MY23 production.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Historically, VW always used to switch to the next year’s model year production in build week 22 which is around the end of May. Any cars ordered but not built when the switchover happened would be built with the new model year’s spec.

Maybe with the massive backlog of customer orders to be fulfilled, the switchover date to MY23 is later this year? VWCS may be able to give a definitive answer on this.

rayaans

Ready to race!
Thanks for the clarification. That makes sense as I have been told by my dealer that my Golf (R-Line ordered November 2021) still does not have any build date listed. I assume they mean it's showing as 00.

I assume then that VW will try to fulfil all the outstanding MY22 orders and then start the MY23 production.
Yes likely so - If its showing as 00 or youve been told there isnt a listed build date itll be a MY22 model and likely being built within the next few months
Historically, VW always used to switch to the next year’s model year production in build week 22 which is around the end of May. Any cars ordered but not built when the switchover happened would be built with the new model year’s spec.

Maybe with the massive backlog of customer orders to be fulfilled, the switchover date to MY23 is later this year? VWCS may be able to give a definitive answer on this.

It appears that way. They probably want to have a certain number of MY22 cars built to make it worthwhile before changing to MY23 in the factory

DenisV

Post pics when you get chance!
Here you go.

Edit: colour is Atlantic Blue, for those wondering. It's a bit brighter irl.

Attachments

• PXL_20220720_145436041~2.jpg
    PXL_20220720_145436041~2.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 188
  • PXL_20220720_145450103~2.jpg
    PXL_20220720_145450103~2.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 191
Last edited:

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Strange how specifications are different in other countries. Here in the UK the GTE comes as standard with front spot/fog lights. Would be interesting to know what else is different.

TJFused

Passed Driver's Ed
“I've looked at all of the Golf R models, we have lots of them on order that currently have estimated build weeks of week 50 this year to week 19 next year, we hope the factory will start progressing these forwards into earlier weeks, the ones that are still showing as 2022 year models do not have any estimated build weeks, your order has been amended to a 2023 model, currently the estimated build week is week 51, so later this year.”

This is my latest order update from my dealer regarding my MK8 R order. I ordered the car in July 2021. I ask for an update every month and each month it’s pushed further back. Getting frustrated when friends ask if I have my car yet…… even I am now starting to lose faith that it will ever come.