GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

Rick A

Yes likely so - If its showing as 00 or youve been told there isnt a listed build date itll be a MY22 model and likely being built within the next few months

It appears that way. They probably want to have a certain number of MY22 cars built to make it worthwhile before changing to MY23 in the factory
I just got an update from my dealer - my R-Line, ordered November 2021, now showing as build week 39 but still not confirmed.

rayaans

Ready to race!
I just got an update from my dealer - my R-Line, ordered November 2021, now showing as build week 39 but still not confirmed.

I have a feeling itll keep being unconfirmed until it actually starts getting built. The date keeps changing dramatically month by month

kukuleta

hello,

can you find cars in dealers in your country? It's not a special order. When you say "I want to buy golf", does the seller get a ready-made car? In my country (Turkey) it has been difficult to find a ready-made car for 1 year.

shadey69

Can anyone tell me what M and W is next to my options please.
BC481983-6EE4-4AB5-901D-83325E7AC79E.png

rhys15

Just had an update on my GTD ordered first week of January 2022, build week is now sitting at 14 (first week of April) 2023. Looks like it will be an 18 month wait in total.

rayaans

Ready to race!
December 2021 - Order confirmed
January 2022 - Week 23
February 2022 - Week 38
March 2022 - Week 45
April 2022 - Week 39
May 2022 - Week 00 (Preparation for MY23 factory changes)
6th June 2022 - Week 46
22nd June 2022 - Week 40
July 2022 - Week 49
August 2022 - Week 45

JuliaPad

Hi newbie here. I’ve been watching this for a while as I ordered my Golf GTD in December 21, the original unconfirmed build date was July 22, then November 22 then no build date at all. I’ve just received an email this morning to say I now have an unconfirmed build week of 29th May 23 with delivery expected July 23. I have a good deal on the car but am very aware that the car I currently drive is going to be worth significantly less another year older with another 10k on the clock. My good deal is rapidly disappearing!

adam2231

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi newbie here. I’ve been watching this for a while as I ordered my Golf GTD in December 21, the original unconfirmed build date was July 22, then November 22 then no build date at all. I’ve just received an email this morning to say I now have an unconfirmed build week of 29th May 23 with delivery expected July 23. I have a good deal on the car but am very aware that the car I currently drive is going to be worth significantly less another year older with another 10k on the clock. My good deal is rapidly disappearing!
I think they are trying to force you to cancel. That is an incredibly long wait. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that

rayaans

Ready to race!
Regardless of other factors it'd still be a good deal and better than what you'd get elsewhere.

For a start the prices of the golf have increased since December 2021. And your car won't massively depreciate in 1 year and 10k miles compared to if you got the Golf now and took into account the depreciation on that.

Additionally if you went looking for a used one, you'd be looking at a similar price to new anyway with the shortage of them coming through

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Regardless of other factors it'd still be a good deal and better than what you'd get elsewhere.

For a start the prices of the golf have increased since December 2021. And your car won't massively depreciate in 1 year and 10k miles compared to if you got the Golf now and took into account the depreciation on that.

Additionally if you went looking for a used one, you'd be looking at a similar price to new anyway with the shortage of them coming through
Exactly this.

If @JuliaPad was to consider cancelling the GTD and order a different make / model of car the following factors need to be considered;
  • Pretty much all other car manufacturers are in a similar position to VW in relation to a) ongoing supply chain issues and b) the Ukraine situation, which are the main contributory factors to the current very long wait times, so ordering a car from another manufacturer could mean an equally long wait.
  • Unless ordering through a broker such as Drive the Deal, IMHO the chance of currently getting a discount off the list price of a new car is unlikely.
  • There are very low stocks of new unregistered cars at dealerships; many dealers have none, and some dealers are filling showroom floor space with late date used cars but priced at new car prices.
In @JuliaPad ’s position, I think I’d stick with the Golf order and play the waiting game. At least the when it arrives, it should be relatively free of software gremlins.