GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

R_Norwich

Hey @R_Norwich !

Well, I was told (by my VW's dealer) that the contract is kept under the same conditions.
They cannot ask you for more money just because the delivery is taking too much time. At least, in my case, it is not changing. Fortunately, because it was a good discount they made me back in July 2021.
I was told the same, but VW can afford better lawyers than me if they try to get out of the contract. 🤔

R_Norwich

Yay, good news for a change, although it's kinda weird to be happy about something after almost a year.

Got a video-message today from our saleslady at Sinclair VW, our car reached status 20 today, with a confirmed build date in week 46 - between Nov 14 and Nov 20.
The car was ordered on Nov 10 last year, it's a Moonstone Grey GTE with winter pack, reversing camera, HUD and Bakersfield wheels.

Very much sucks that it took over a year from order, but.. at least there's an end in sight now.
Sound good. I’ve just checked my emails and I placed my order on November 4th, so hopefully I not be far behind you. I suppose it depends on what options we specify, but it looks as if you like your bells & whistles as much as I do. Although knowing my luck, I’ll find that VW leather seats are made in the Ukraine. 😂

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
Sound good. I’ve just checked my emails and I placed my order on November 4th, so hopefully I not be far behind you. I suppose it depends on what options we specify, but it looks as if you like your bells & whistles as much as I do. Although knowing my luck, I’ll find that VW leather seats are made in the Ukraine. 😂

Shouldn't be too far mate, most people i've talked to got to 20 at around 12-14 months. Still awful, obviously, but i'm just happy that the neverending story finally at least bloody moves.

And yeah, do need a few options here and there, had to give the HUD a shot, never had one but got told it's awesome. We'll see. I don't even know where the leather seats are made, don't think it'd be Ukraine though - was thinking about them, but i'm over leather now - too many times i've either burned my lower back by accident - or shocked myself in winter the same way, lol.

I think, from what i've read, one the biggest factors in delays is whether or not you have the Harman Kardon sound system specified.

rayaans

Ready to race!
December 2021 - Order confirmed
January 2022 - Week 23
February 2022 - Week 38
March 2022 - Week 45
April 2022 - Week 39
May 2022 - Week 00 (Preparation for MY23 factory changes)
6th June 2022 - Week 46
22nd June 2022 - Week 40
July 2022 - Week 49
August 2022 - Week 45
September 2022 - Week 48
October 2022 - Week 51

Still unconfirmed date. Seems like 4 weeks passes and the build week goes 3 weeks back at the moment!

renkpz

I wish there could be a way to check the estimated day for the build week without passing through the car dealer :ROFLMAO:
I feel bad asking my car dealer if there is any new information every 2 months... I feel I am abusing

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I wish there could be a way to check the estimated day for the build week without passing through the car dealer :ROFLMAO:
I feel bad asking my car dealer if there is any new information every 2 months... I feel I am abusing
I don’t think it’s unreasonable if you ask your dealer for a progress update every two months. It would be better though if your dealer contacted you and provided you with regular updates, rather than you having to contact them.

renkpz

I don’t think it’s unreasonable if you ask your dealer for a progress update every two months. It would be better though if your dealer contacted you and provided you with regular updates, rather than you having to contact them.
Well, I do agree with your comment.
However, I was being sarcastic. During all my waiting, I just asked him once what's the progress of the order. And the answer was: we still do not know because it fluctuates a lot.

But, 15 months after ordering the car, my car dealer contacted me 0 times for updates.. even after the estimated delivery date communicated by VW "expired". And I am still waiting for any news...

graeme_ncl

Just had a call from my VW dealer (a proactive update, for a change). Not great news though, my July 2021 Golf Estate order is now showing build week 21 2023, so by her estimate, into stock with them around mid-July 2023. Incredible. Two full years from order.

I mentioned the hypothesis of the HK upgrade being the cause of the delay, but she said that they were primarily seeing the craziest delays with performance models (mine isn't), electric (ditto), and any hybrids, so I guess my 'mild hybrid' petrol could be the issue. She also said that they're seeing regular petrol and diesel models starting to get to more normal lead times, not quite the usual 3 months or whatever, but not a year +.

She also said that all orders are price protected so no matter what happens to list pricing, the price agreed won't change, and also the model would benefit from whatever the current spec was at build time, i.e. any new model year features etc. would be on it.

The wait continues...

Fizsparky

Just had a call from my VW dealer (a proactive update, for a change). Not great news though, my July 2021 Golf Estate order is now showing build week 21 2023, so by her estimate, into stock with them around mid-July 2023. Incredible. Two full years from order.

I mentioned the hypothesis of the HK upgrade being the cause of the delay, but she said that they were primarily seeing the craziest delays with performance models (mine isn't), electric (ditto), and any hybrids, so I guess my 'mild hybrid' petrol could be the issue. She also said that they're seeing regular petrol and diesel models starting to get to more normal lead times, not quite the usual 3 months or whatever, but not a year +.

She also said that all orders are price protected so no matter what happens to list pricing, the price agreed won't change, and also the model would benefit from whatever the current spec was at build time, i.e. any new model year features etc. would be on it.

The wait continues...

I'm in the same boat as you with my eTSI order. Was due to dealership mid-December, now pushed back to earliest March 2023!

I imagine many others will be in the same boat. It's just a waiting game and anyone's guess at this point...

Rick A

I'm in the same boat as you with my eTSI order. Was due to dealership mid-December, now pushed back to earliest March 2023!

I imagine many others will be in the same boat. It's just a waiting game and anyone's guess at this point...
Seems to be a common theme unfortunately. Up until a couple of weeks ago my R-Line had an unconfirmed build of week 42. That has now slipped to week 48 and still not confirmed. I really don't expect it to be built until next year to be honest.

graeme_ncl

Not great is it. I've given up and bought a used Audi to keep me going, only so long I can keep borrowing my son's Up!

TJFused

Passed Driver's Ed
Afternoon everyone,
Ordered my R back in July 2021, last update from my dealer was my car has an estimated build month of March 2023….. anyone else ordering a performance golf having similar time lines?
I’m really starting to get impatient now as my dealer is less than helpful.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Afternoon everyone,
Ordered my R back in July 2021, last update from my dealer was my car has an estimated build month of March 2023….. anyone else ordering a performance golf having similar time lines?
I’m really starting to get impatient now as my dealer is less than helpful.
I doubt your dealer has any idea of when to expect one. I had one on the Felicity Ace that sank and since then, it's been pretty much crickets out of VW USA or even VW themselves. First they shut the plant down completely when Ukraine was invaded, and now, even though Golfs and GTIs are being built again, apparently the rear diffs for the R aren't being produced since Magna's plant for those is in occupied territory in the Ukraine. From what I've seen, they haven't produced Rs since April and I'm not sure if there's a real expectation of when that will happen. I think anything from your local or national VW is a guess at best. I'm not sure that VW themselves has a real estimate of when to expect the next batch of Rs.

HugoGT

Hi all,

I’ve been lurking this forum for quite some time as we ordered a GTE back in October 2021 (unconfirmed BW now 3 next year - this is after it being endlessly pushed back so fingers crossed)

I’ve noticed there’s been less activity on here as late so hopefully some of you are finally receiving your cars.

Just went on VW’s website to check and at least in the UK it appears as though all performance Golf models are unavailable to configure. Could anyone confirm this is the case as it appears orders have been suspended. Our dealer told us on Wednesday that current lead times for any performance Golf are well in excess of 60 weeks.

I do often wonder if the situation is getting worse rather than better!

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
Hi all,

I’ve been lurking this forum for quite some time as we ordered a GTE back in October 2021 (unconfirmed BW now 3 next year - this is after it being endlessly pushed back so fingers crossed)

I’ve noticed there’s been less activity on here as late so hopefully some of you are finally receiving your cars.

Just went on VW’s website to check and at least in the UK it appears as though all performance Golf models are unavailable to configure. Could anyone confirm this is the case as it appears orders have been suspended. Our dealer told us on Wednesday that current lead times for any performance Golf are well in excess of 60 weeks.

I do often wonder if the situation is getting worse rather than better!
Hey, I ordered a Golf Style (non-performance model) February this year and I've been told that in January my car will be produced although I think it will be more than that. Sometimes its like delays are on all models instead of performance only and even that I've read about people receiving performance models in less than 6 months.