GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

Daveh17

Hi all, update on my R Line ordered in Dec 21. Dealer has advised build “confirmed” end of Jan. Hoping it’s finally in production but no idea of timescales for transporting to the UK.
Not overly convinced I’ll have it before March!

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
Hi all, update on my R Line ordered in Dec 21. Dealer has advised build “confirmed” end of Jan. Hoping it’s finally in production but no idea of timescales for transporting to the UK.
Not overly convinced I’ll have it before March!
Some good news finally. May I ask what extras you added on your R-line?

rayaans

Ready to race!
Fingers crossed! Only extras I added are the Bergamo alloys, IQ Matrix lights and side assist
Congrats. Ours is also a December 2021 ordered R-Line so it gives me some hope that it may not be too far until the build week is confirmed.

I think it's either the sunroof or keyless delaying ours. We've added the sunroof, winter pack, keyless, side assist, rear camera and a spare wheel.

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
Congrats. Ours is also a December 2021 ordered R-Line so it gives me some hope that it may not be too far until the build week is confirmed.

I think it's either the sunroof or keyless delaying ours. We've added the sunroof, winter pack, keyless, side assist, rear camera and a spare wheel.
Fingers crossed that sunroof and keyless aren't in shortage since I chose both of those + HK sound system which is known to be in shortage!

Raketisch

I think the side assist is delaying the order. Mine is ordered in December 2021 (Life Diesel DSG) with extras: rear camera, side assist and spare wheel. The last update I received was week 6 (next week).

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
Coming Friday, 11am.

0e84b86630e73383a0670ef45969985f.jpg

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
I'm actually "fine" with it.. Haven't seen it in ours yet obviously - but in an R that they had in the showroom. I still am not a fan of piano black, and i was pretty pissed when they changed it - but it could be worse, it genuinely doesn't look that bad. But yeah, i'll post pics on friday anyway, obviously. :D

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
Well, today's the day - leaving in 4.5 hours for the car, can't sleep anymore lol. Lots of expectation/excitement built up in the last 14/15 months, so.. meh. Lotsa coffee it is, and a last drive in our old trusty steed to Greggs for some sandwiches.

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
Cheers, yeah gonna be a good day today. :D

Looks actually quite good in black with the Bakerfields - our demonstrator was black but on the poverty spec rims, didn't like it. What did you spec, or rather, what did come with it?

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
Glad you got the decent wheels - the standard rims are, imho, just ugly. We did go for winter pack as well, because our current car has them and we got used to them - nice and toasty cheeks. We do also have the camera as well as the HUD (mainly because i never had a HUD and was curious) - current car has 360 camera, while i'm sure i could live without, it'd be a big adjustment.

Yeah it does look nice in (clean) black, admittedly. Our demonstrator had as mentioned the dinky wheels and was dirty, it just looked like a run down shed.

And, yeah. Exact same reason for us. We test drove multiple cars including ID3 and Megane E-Tech (cracking car btw), but in the end settled on the GTE for the exact same reason. Majority of journeys (at least in summer) can be done pure electric, and for the rest we got the petrol engine.

Leaving in two hours, dealership is 50 miles (didn't go for the closest because the salesguy was kind of a prick) away but myeh. Bloody 40 year old bearded fat bloke jumping like a little girl from excitement.

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah, bit like us then.. ordered when the console was matte, got changed to piano black mid-order. Was kind of miffed about it in the beginning, but now it's a bit like "whatever". Most curious about the IQ lights now, and the suspension. Didn't opt for DCC, but didn't test drive on the Bakersfield either, so we kind of are a bit in the dark on how it actually rides.