GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

C0TT1S

Passed Driver's Ed
Oh I didn’t know that. I’ll keep on the lookout for the next few months given the lead times. Might be worth ordering sooner rather than later as I’ve gone for a 24 month deal.

I’ve never had a GTI, though. In the UK I’m a firm believer in 4WD though rear-driven 911s and BMWs etc are epic as well. I’ve never had the courage to go for a front-driven car, no matter what they say about the front diff 😂
I came from BMWs but I’ve always work in the VAG in some way shape or form. I’ve had the opportunity to drive almost all the brands they own. For me VW and Porsche make the best of the bunch.

I’d say FWD isn’t to bad, I’m U.K. based as well and had 3 group GTIs. Only taken a step down for 18 month thanks to child care costs and putting the penny’s away for a club sport. The R is amazing and club sport wants to kill you but they’re both a lot of fun to drive. Since I use my car at most for 40 miles a week I’m happy to have the club sport. But lead times for them means I’ll be ordering next May to get it in October 2024 more than likely.

ss701sh

Hi all - so my order (for a 3-year lease) was placed in October 2021 and finally I have confirmation that my car (1.5 eTSI Style, Moonstone Grey, no extras) actually exists in the real world and not just in the order book! Here's the rollercoaster journey to date:

5 Jan ’22 - 13 March
26 Jan ’22 - 5 June
1 Feb ’22 - 10 July
9 Feb ’22 - 12 June
22 Feb ’22 - 20 May
3 March ’22 - 11 September
16 March ’22 - 1 November
21 March ’22 - 6 November
29 March ’22 - 23 October
26 April ’22 - 2 October
30 May ’22 - 9 October
8 June ’22 - 4 December
18 July ’22 - January ’23
23 August ’22 - October ’22
5 September ’22 - February ’23
20 September ’22 - January ’23
5 October ’22 - February ’23
3 November ’22 - January ’23
16 December ’22 - February ’23
5 January ’23 - March
1 February ’23 - Late March
6 March ’23 - Week 15 (Early April)

As of last week, the leasing company confirmed that it had left the factory for the port. I gather there are significant delays still to get vehicles from Emden over to the UK, so my fingers are firmly crossed that I can finally take delivery in June!

ghostwalker

Passed Driver's Ed
^^More good news, thanks for posting @ss701sh

Meanwhile, no update still. Phoned up today and the dealer is apparently still telling them it's on track to be delivered by (or before) month end, which I'm grateful to hear, but nothing more specific than that. As of next week, it will have been over 2 months at Emden! 🙃

rayaans

Ready to race!
I was worried when you said that, but I got an update that my vehicle had arrived int he UK [cue the "It's happening!" GIF] - how long does it usually take to arrive at the dealer and go through PDIs from this stage? I've got an ETA of June.

@ghostwalker hopefully yours was on the same vessel!
5-10 working days

DenverPete

My Golf GTE is two and half years old. I think I now need to order it’s replacement. Bearing in mind the delivery times I wonder if it will be electric, hydrogen or nuclear powered 🤔🙄.
I ordered My GTE mid July 2021. I have just moved from status 10 to 20, with a build date of week 2. Yes that is this week. Fingers crossed I should be driving it by the end of June.

TJFused

Passed Driver's Ed
IMG_7992.jpeg
IMG_7986.jpeg

After almost two years since I placed my order I finally collected this monster on Monday. Over the moon with it doesn’t do it justice. Got to behave myself for the first 1000 miles before I can really unleash my right foot!

DenverPete

Looks superb and well worth waiting for. I can't wait for my GTE ordered in July 2021. Now status 20 and should be in the build process this week. I still have at least a month to wait for delivery.

ghostwalker

Passed Driver's Ed
@TJFused @Locky Congratulations guys, both look superb! Team deep black pearl! 😎

@Grace11 @ss701sh Great news! And I have similar news to share as I got an email yesterday saying it’s arriving at the dealer shortly and then it’s just a case of handover, so watch this space 🙌

I’d been monitoring the shipping and noticed that VW had put on extra ships to Grimsby over the past 2/3 weeks, so knew it was only a matter of time.

Charger21

Ordered a 1.5 eTSi DSG R Line in Kings Red with Bergamo alloys pan sunroof, winter pack, reverse camera and spare wheel yesterday.

Will add voice control and tempted to add in Harmon Kardon stereo also but wife says to get a grip. Would like keyless entry also but not at near £500.

Anyway was told potentially November or December delivery. Fingers crossed.

Had mk7 and moving back from Mercedes a200. Deals on new models of those were crazy

Promptly

Ordered a 1.5 eTSi DSG R Line in Kings Red with Bergamo alloys pan sunroof, winter pack, reverse camera and spare wheel yesterday.

Will add voice control and tempted to add in Harmon Kardon stereo also but wife says to get a grip. Would like keyless entry also but not at near £500.

Anyway was told potentially November or December delivery. Fingers crossed.

Had mk7 and moving back from Mercedes a200. Deals on new models of those were crazy
Ordered my near identical car (+DCC, - sun roof, - winter pack) in July '21, promised delivery in Oct '21, actual delivery end of May '22.

So a promised 3 months and an actual 10 month wait. Appalling Comms from the dealership throughout the 10 months. If you have finance check it before signing. Had to correct the documentation three times before I signed.

Had the car 12 months now. Near perfect for my use.
(Have already used the spare wheel, so that's a certainly a worthwhile addition).

Last edited:

ghostwalker

Passed Driver's Ed
^^ All this talk of spare wheels got me thinking. Anyone have any idea if VW retailers will sell you a space saver? If not, is there any brand you’d recommend? Think it’s worthwhile just getting one and keeping it at home just in case. There’s hardly any under-floor storage in the R due to the 4WD stuff.

CH47AV8R