GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

Jeev202

Haha yeah you will def love the Golf 8. My Polo GTI has been a brilliant car and having the power is fun. But being realistic theres not many times you get to really use it. When I test drove the 1.5 Golf (150ps) I was really surprised how punchy the car felt. With everything else you gain with the new golf id say it will more than compensate the (what feels like) small reduction in power. Plus I’m gonna get more miles in the Golf so will save a bit at the pump too
Literally speed cameras everywhere and undercover police. I was looking at a POLO gti too but insurance was sky rocket at the time as I was a first time driver. hahah. But I’m not a speeder anyway or into fast cars as much. I just look for decent power and cruise on roads. I test drove the 2 litre diesel as that was the only R line there. But I was told they were very similar apart from the sound the engine makes. I got the eTSI engine too. Hopefully it should help save fuel. Just waiting for June 2022 to arrive. Maybe it could come any time earlier. I do consider myself lucky sometimes. 🤷🏽‍♂️ I’m just looking forward to my heated seats , led matrix lights as it’d hard to see with halogens as I’m based in the country side. and my first automatic car, also especially the colourful ambient lights. Everything about it is going be so great! What specification did you get?

Jeev202

I’ve had my golf R mk8 on order since September and was told yesterday it’s at build week 21 just now
Oh dear. I suppose they did say Golf R had some of the longest lead times for tech reasons. So I guess they were almost accurate with it. I hope it comes sooner!!

GRZ995

Hi all. I ordered my Golf GTE back in early June 2021 in UK. It was anticipated build `September but it kept getting delayed. So frustrating. It is supposed to be build date early January with a delivery of March 22. However the dealer is yet to confirm this and I suspect it is going to be put back again.

rayaans

Ready to race!
R-Line was ordered on 21/12/21 with a healthy spec including sunroof (which apparently they're having shortage of). Build week is showing up as 23 as of today so its more promising than I feared.

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
End of 2020 10 days between ordering and delivery. End of 2021 10 months (approximately) between ordering and delivery 🤔😳👎.

matttherat30

Hi Everyone, just looking some friendly advice. Ordered a Golf GTD in mid November 2021. Was told delivery would be around June 2022. Now being told that it won’t be until Xmas 2022. No build date yet. Just wondering how this all works as the dealership gave me my order number about a month ago and said I could track this online but it seems that the tracker for VW in the UK isn’t available any more?

rayaans

Ready to race!
Hi Everyone, just looking some friendly advice. Ordered a Golf GTD in mid November 2021. Was told delivery would be around June 2022. Now being told that it won’t be until Xmas 2022. No build date yet. Just wondering how this all works as the dealership gave me my order number about a month ago and said I could track this online but it seems that the tracker for VW in the UK isn’t available any more?

Interesting but nevertheless, disappointing.

You have to call the dealer specifically for tracking. The VWUK tracker has been down for a long time.

Daveh17

Oh god thats shocking!! I know when I ordered mine the guy said VW turned that tracking function off. With the delays that have gone from bad to worse the tracker was effectively useless and was causing them more calls.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
@matttherat30; around 12 months does seem to be the current lead time for performance Golfs - this is from a forum member on golfgtiforum.co.uk who until recently was a manager at a large VW dealership and now works for a vehicle leasing company, so they probably have fairly accurate and reliable, up to date information on lead times.

I think a VW dealership can get an order number once the factory has accepted the order, so if your order was accepted by VW a month ago (around Christmas time), with a lead time of 12 months, a Christmas 2022 delivery sounds about right. IMHO a salesperson giving an indicative June 2022 delivery date for an order placed with the dealership in November 2021 is being a little optimistic to say the least in the current climate of semiconductor supply uncertainties and Covid impacts, which your salesperson would have been well aware of as both of these issues have been with us for many months now.

Ongoing semiconductor supply shortages and Covid will mean it’s really difficult for VW and other vehicle manufacturers to plan and be specific about when customers cars will be built. VW‘s parts and component suppliers are likely to be in a similar uncertain position as many parts / components they manufacture will need semiconductors - e.g. infotainment units, ECU’s, DSG transmissions, digital instrument displays…….the list goes on. Additionally, the Omicron variant of Covid will be impacting the workforces of VW and their suppliers, so even if semiconductor supplies were back to normal, there’s a good chance that vehicle production would be running at less than normal capacity due to a proportion of the workforce having to self isolate due to Covid.

I think the semiconductor situation impacting car production is a consequence of the ‘just in time’ business model used by pretty much all car manufacturers. The first wave of Covid meant that when car manufacturers were not building cars during lockdown, they would have stopped ordering parts / components from their suppliers almost overnight. Many of those suppliers would have sought alternative, better deals with other customers / other industries, and semiconductors originally intended for motor manufacturers went to industries such as electrical goods manufacturers (many electrical goods such as phones, tablets, laptops, TV’s etc. were in high demand during lockdown). The motor industry are now likely to be at the back of the queue for semiconductor supplies and how long this situation will persist is anyone‘s guess.

I read on one of the Seat forums that forum members who have cars on order have been having difficulty getting information on the progress of their orders, so it’s probably the same across all VAG brands (VW, Audi, Skoda and Seat). I dare say outside VAG most other manufacturers will struggle to give accurate, reliable information on build dates / delivery dates to customers on their specific car orders.

rayaans

Ready to race!
@matttherat30; around 12 months does seem to be the current lead time for performance Golfs - this is from a forum member on golfgtiforum.co.uk who until recently was a manager at a large VW dealership and now works for a vehicle leasing company, so they probably have fairly accurate and reliable, up to date information on lead times.

I think a VW dealership can get an order number once the factory has accepted the order, so if your order was accepted by VW a month ago (around Christmas time), with a lead time of 12 months, a Christmas 2022 delivery sounds about right. IMHO a salesperson giving an indicative June 2022 delivery date for an order placed with the dealership in November 2021 is being a little optimistic to say the least in the current climate of semiconductor supply uncertainties and Covid impacts, which your salesperson would have been well aware of as both of these issues have been with us for many months now.

Ongoing semiconductor supply shortages and Covid will mean it’s really difficult for VW and other vehicle manufacturers to plan and be specific about when customers cars will be built. VW‘s parts and component suppliers are likely to be in a similar uncertain position as many parts / components they manufacture will need semiconductors - e.g. infotainment units, ECU’s, DSG transmissions, digital instrument displays…….the list goes on. Additionally, the Omicron variant of Covid will be impacting the workforces of VW and their suppliers, so even if semiconductor supplies were back to normal, there’s a good chance that vehicle production would be running at less than normal capacity due to a proportion of the workforce having to self isolate due to Covid.

I think the semiconductor situation impacting car production is a consequence of the ‘just in time’ business model used by pretty much all car manufacturers. The first wave of Covid meant that when car manufacturers were not building cars during lockdown, they would have stopped ordering parts / components from their suppliers almost overnight. Many of those suppliers would have sought alternative, better deals with other customers / other industries, and semiconductors originally intended for motor manufacturers went to industries such as electrical goods manufacturers (many electrical goods such as phones, tablets, laptops, TV’s etc. were in high demand during lockdown). The motor industry are now likely to be at the back of the queue for semiconductor supplies and how long this situation will persist is anyone‘s guess.

I read on one of the Seat forums that forum members who have cars on order have been having difficulty getting information on the progress of their orders, so it’s probably the same across all VAG brands (VW, Audi, Skoda and Seat). I dare say outside VAG most other manufacturers will struggle to give accurate, reliable information on build dates / delivery dates to customers on their specific car orders.

Yes 12 months seems the norm for Golf GTI/GTD/R from what I gather.

The other Golf's including R line, their estimated build dates are coming up around June/July