GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

Phil2022

I ordered mine in May 2021 also and its been built just awaiting shipping from Germany. Still awaiting shipping since Jan 20

I ordered mine in May 2021 also and its been built just awaiting shipping from Germany. Still awaiting shipping since Jan 20th.

Have you had any update since? @Phil2022
Mine has now been delivered to the dealership, so just waiting for when I can collect it, so it shouldn't be too long now.

Sythaera

What's odd is that I ordered a Golf SC in May 2021, and it got delivered within 3 months.

Why does it differ so much and what decides how long it takes?

GlasGaz

Ordered R-Line sept 21, still unable to get build date, dealership unable to and VW customer services not intetested. Even a rough date so i can decide on order or get new astra

Phil2022

Ordered R-Line sept 21, still unable to get build date, dealership unable to and VW customer services not intetested. Even a rough date so i can decide on order or get new astra
I literally had no communication in the last 8 months, and no build date up until the time the dealership notified me that it was on its way.

BradAUK

I had an issue with my build date where is was stuck in the system with it being changed many times.

I just was very persistent with Lookers VW and they managed to get it fixed.

GlasGaz

Thanks, think i will get back onto Arnold Clark dealership and see if i can get an answer.
Know other people who have ordered same model after me and have received a build date

shadey69

Hi Everyone, just looking some friendly advice. Ordered a Golf GTD in mid November 2021. Was told delivery would be around June 2022. Now being told that it won’t be until Xmas 2022. No build date yet. Just wondering how this all works as the dealership gave me my order number about a month ago and said I could track this online but it seems that the tracker for VW in the UK isn’t available any more?
Ordered a gtd second week of October. Specd it with roof hk leather Adelaide’s dcc reverse camera. Told last week build date is week 26.

dremavec

Passed Driver's Ed
It is already like that in Slovenia for a few months, basically Style with 130 HP and above. It looks like they just removed the more affordable versions as these are the ones missing. Entry level is now about 7k above where it was half a year ago (and probably 10k above the minimum cost to buy a new one a few years back). It is all of a sudden just an entirely different class of car to buy (something like a third more than a Polo). Silly when you think about it, especially as it has been one of the most sold cars for decades here.