GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

Genegenie

Drag Race Newbie
"This is from the VW UK site for a Golf 8 style, i can still see the manual options", good stuff. Pal wanted either a T-Roc or T-Cross, was told by a surprisingly disinterested salesman "at least 22 weeks", he left while laughing. MY auto / DSG hang ups result from a sticking throttle on a motorcycle and also in a borrowed car, on the bike I literally had to weave through oncoming traffic, terrifying isn't the word :eek:, a few years ago but since then I refuse to ride / drive a vehicle where I cannot manually disengage drive to the wheel(s)....

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
"This is from the VW UK site for a Golf 8 style, i can still see the manual options", good stuff. Pal wanted either a T-Roc or T-Cross, was told by a surprisingly disinterested salesman "at least 22 weeks", he left while laughing. MY auto / DSG hang ups result from a sticking throttle on a motorcycle and also in a borrowed car, on the bike I literally had to weave through oncoming traffic, terrifying isn't the word :eek:, a few years ago but since then I refuse to ride / drive a vehicle where I cannot manually disengage drive to the wheel(s)....
Enjoy having a manual while you still can then. In a few years time when the new car choice is electric-only, there’ll be no manual option.

TJFused

Passed Driver's Ed
I ordered a MK8 R June 30th 2021, specced to a decent level. Original unconfirmed build week was November 21, then Feb, March, May, June and now August 22. Anyone got information on MK8 R builds or can enlighten me on their own experience? As someone else has already said, I refuse to cancel my order as I got marvellous deal which I won’t be able to achieve again or through an already built car!

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I ordered a MK8 R June 30th 2021, specced to a decent level. Original unconfirmed build week was November 21, then Feb, March, May, June and now August 22. Anyone got information on MK8 R builds or can enlighten me on their own experience? As someone else has already said, I refuse to cancel my order as I got marvellous deal which I won’t be able to achieve again or through an already built car!
There’s a very lengthy (500 plus pages!) Golf mk8 R Order discussion thread over on vwroc.com. Some forum members have been waiting 12-15 months since ordering their cars. I’ve read on other forums that lead times on performance models of the mk8 Golf (GTI, GTI Clubsport, R) are typically 12 months or longer.

Ralphie137

I ordered a GTE one day later then you, still waiting!
Never had any movement on order status and currently sitting at “unconfirmed build date, expected 5th September 2022” on lease company website.
I’m due my monthly update e-mail this week so no doubt it will be October 22 soon :D

Last edited:

Ciccina2016

My question is:

who placed the order last year surely has obtained really good deals and we all now all in the waiting list.
Could be that they decide to cancel our orders as not really worth now given the currently increased price?

TJFused

Passed Driver's Ed
My question is:

who placed the order last year surely has obtained really good deals and we all now all in the waiting list.
Could be that they decide to cancel our orders as not really worth now given the currently increased price?
So my theory is that they are delaying so much it may make some people cancel in order for them to not sell those cars they sold on the cheap finance offers

TJFused

Passed Driver's Ed
There’s a very lengthy (500 plus pages!) Golf mk8 R Order discussion thread over on vwroc.com. Some forum members have been waiting 12-15 months since ordering their cars. I’ve read on other forums that lead times on performance models of the mk8 Golf (GTI, GTI Clubsport, R) are typically 12 months or longer.
Have you got the link direct to the other thread?

wwo

Passed Driver's Ed
My confirmed build week was 17, haven’t heard a thing 🤦‍♂️
Same buddy

week 17 also for me
Ask the dealer if there's a delay showing up next to the confirmed build week. They are scheduling the cars and building them only partly (again) waiting for the last few parts to arrive. So they build most of the car on the confirmed build week and next to it is an expected delay waiting for the rest of the parts.

wwo

Passed Driver's Ed
My question is:

Doubt that. That would ruin the brand. And I highly doubt it that they are prioritising newer orders since most of the pre price hike orders will be done soon anyway

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Have you got the link direct to the other thread?
Here you go;
https://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/38062-golf-mk8-r-order-thread-post-your-order-details/

Probably best to focus on the later posts / later pages in the thread as they’ll be more representative of what’s been happening in recent months.

GMan22

Ready to race!
Ask the dealer if there's a delay showing up next to the confirmed build week. They are scheduling the cars and building them only partly (again) waiting for the last few parts to arrive. So they build most of the car on the confirmed build week and next to it is an expected delay waiting for the rest of the parts.
I’ve tried this bud, my dealer is happy enough to tell me that there is no update but when I asked about any further details or if she can see anything regarding a delay despite it being a confirmed build date she just goes dark and I get no response.

Reactions: wwo

Ciccina2016

I’ve tried this bud, my dealer is happy enough to tell me that there is no update but when I asked about any further details or if she can see anything regarding a delay despite it being a confirmed build date she just goes dark and I get no response.
Same for my order, I have been told again that the issue is the microchip shortage.