GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

TJFused

Passed Driver's Ed
Same for my order, I have been told again that the issue is the microchip shortage.

And now sending a letter explaining how the conflict in Ukraine is also impacting a parts shortage. Has anyone else been told by their dealer that cars ordered with Harmon and Kardon are suffering further delays due to the parts needed in the system, apparently you haven’t been able to order since March this year?

GMan22

Ready to race!
And now sending a letter explaining how the conflict in Ukraine is also impacting a parts shortage. Has anyone else been told by their dealer that cars ordered with Harmon and Kardon are suffering further delays due to the parts needed in the system, apparently you haven’t been able to order since March this year?
Yeah a few options were removed, the HK sound system, IQ lights and some others

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
When I went to order my Golf in February the sales consultant at my dealer just said its gonna take more than 10 months because of the chip shortage, when i wanted to add a sunroof and HK system he didn't say anything about them being more delayed. I guess ordering the normal one would take more than 10 months and now that I opted for HK its gonna take even longer

TJFused

Passed Driver's Ed
I
When I went to order my Golf in February the sales consultant at my dealer just said its gonna take more than 10 months because of the chip shortage, when i wanted to add a sunroof and HK system he didn't say anything about them being more delayed. I guess ordering the normal one would take more than 10 months and now that I opted for HK its gonna take even longer
I only found out for some delays on HK last month and was told they only removed it in March so makes sense you were able to order in feb

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
I

I only found out for some delays on HK last month and was told they only removed it in March so makes sense you were able to order in feb
Weird thing is though you can still choose it from my country, they didn't remove it. But what makes me curious is that the HK specification in other countries is like 480 watts but my countries specs say 400 watts. Care to elaborate?
The spec code is 9VG and written like this "Sound system "Harman Kardon", 8+1 speakers, 400 W total power output, 12-channel amplifier, subwoofer"

Last edited:

GMan22

Ready to race!
Decided to give VW UK customer services a call to get an update expecting them to tell me to call my dealer but they said my car is status 20 and build week was meant to be 19 (this week I believe, despite dealer saying 17) but the person from customer services said it’s just about to go onto the production line and they expect a 2 week turnaround on builds.

They said they had a meeting too with a wider VW team and Golf production is due to ramp back up (I’ll believe it when I see it). So not 100% sure what to believe but fingers crossed it’s getting built next week or whatever.

TJFused

Passed Driver's Ed
Decided to give VW UK customer services a call to get an update expecting them to tell me to call my dealer but they said my car is status 20 and build week was meant to be 19 (this week I believe, despite dealer saying 17) but the person from customer services said it’s just about to go onto the production line and they expect a 2 week turnaround on builds.

They said they had a meeting too with a wider VW team and Golf production is due to ramp back up (I’ll believe it when I see it). So not 100% sure what to believe but fingers crossed it’s getting built next week or whatever.
What car have you ordered pal?

GMan22

Ready to race!
Nice one. Think I should probably call VW UK myself to get more clarity on my vehicle? I’ve got an R on order since June last year!
I know the Rs are taking around 12-14 months based on another thread that someone posted above somewhere specifically for the Golf R. Yeah man call them, worth a shot. I was expecting them to tell me to contact my dealer but tried it anyway and they were able to give me the status etc

toejamtam

Which department did you speak to? I tried this and they told me they had no access to the factories to give any updates.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Which department did you speak to? I tried this and they told me they had no access to the factories to give any updates.
Different customer services teams for different countries, so not surprising to get different responses. Forum member @GMan22 is located in Northern Ireland whereas you’re in the USA.

toejamtam

Different customer services teams for different countries, so not surprising to get different responses. Forum member @GMan22 is located in Northern Ireland whereas you’re in the USA.
Thanks mate, I'm actually in Scotland and called VW UK and got told that. Sounds like it may just be luck.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Thanks mate, I'm actually in Scotland and called VW UK and got told that. Sounds like it may just be luck.
Bizarre - your forum signature was showing your location as Houston - it’s now showing Glasgow.

I’d have thought that VW’s responses to queries over lead times / build times would have been similar for NI and UK mainland.

Last edited:

toejamtam

Bizarre - your forum signature was showing your location as Houston - it’s now showing Glasgow.

I’d have thought that VW’s responses to queries over lead times / build times would have been similar for NI and UK mainland.
Haha yeah I know, little village called Houston near Glasgow so I've changed it.

I know, very annoying, like most, dealer updates have been a shambles.