GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

TJFused

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks mate, I'm actually in Scotland and called VW UK and got told that. Sounds like it may just be luck.
Yeh I just called VW UK and didn’t really get much help. Was basically speak to your dealer and then speak to the head of your dealership chain for a more substantive update

GMan22

Ready to race!
Thanks mate, I'm actually in Scotland and called VW UK and got told that. Sounds like it may just be luck.
See I thought I was going to get this response too, I wasn’t expecting much from the call. But they asked for my order number and went and found out the info

GMan22

Ready to race!
Out of complete curiosity, i am on the phone with them again here to see if it was just a fluke, I’m currently on hold while they go and retrieve the order information and status. Maybe it’s the luck of the Irish? I don’t know haha

toejamtam

Out of complete curiosity, i am on the phone with them again here to see if it was just a fluke, I’m currently on hold while they go and retrieve the order information and status. Maybe it’s the luck of the Irish? I don’t know haha
This the number you used? 0800 333 666

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
Just had a email from VW -

“We’re getting in touch earlier than you might expect because like many other car manufacturers and industries we are currently experiencing some supply chain issues. Due to the global shortage in semiconductor chips, our production capacity is currently reduced, meaning delivery times for some of our model lines are longer than they would normally be.

So if you’re hoping to buy a car from our range, or will be in the near future, we would encourage you to allow plenty of time to get the car you really want, when you want it.

Please contact your local Retailer for more information. They can advise you on your options so you can start your journey towards your new Volkswagen today.”

Not sure what VW’s definition of ‘near future’ is but with deliveries of many models taking over 12 months I don’t think the words ‘near future’ is particularly appropriate.

rayaans

Ready to race!
I got in touch with the dealer again for an update
Theyre switching over to MY23 builds soon so theyre not showing any build dates for any ordered Golf's at the moment

shadey69

Theyre switching over to MY23 builds soon so theyre not showing any build dates for any ordered Golf's at the moment
Im waiting for my Mk9 now as I’ve waited so long I’m sure we will be all having a facelift facelift. Do you know if the facelift will delete items ??

rayaans

Ready to race!
Im waiting for my Mk9 now as I’ve waited so long I’m sure we will be all having a facelift facelift. Do you know if the facelift will delete items ??
It's not a facelift just a model year change. They've added some faster USB charging and some more leatherette to the armrest amongst some other minor changes

shadey69

It's not a facelift just a model year change. They've added some faster USB charging and some more leatherette to the armrest amongst some other minor changes
OK sorry about that. Im hearing all sorts about the lights and the HK being unavailable and at a loss to whether my car when it arrives will have these still

rayaans

Ready to race!
OK sorry about that. Im hearing all sorts about the lights and the HK being unavailable and at a loss to whether my car when it arrives will have these still

Unless you've been informed that they will not be coming with these options then I would fully expect them to be on the car.

They can't just send you a car without the correct options.

shadey69

Unless you've been informed that they will not be coming with these options then I would fully expect them to be on the car.

They can't just send you a car without the correct options.
My dealer gave me week 26 4 weeks ago from ordering in October 21 then 4 days later said it was back at 00. Confidence isn't something i have when no one tells me whats happening.

GMan22

Ready to race!
My confirmed build week was 3 weeks ago but if they’re switching to MY23 it might explain the delay

wwo

Passed Driver's Ed
I had a confirmed build week 19. As of yesterday still without chassis number. I've also been told that even with chassis number cars can still be unfinished-waiting for parts requiring semiconductors. Been told not to expect it before july.

wwo

Passed Driver's Ed
How can they be switching to MY23 already?
Also I'm willing to bet that the facelift is still coming next year.