GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Just saw that you cannot order a GTE in our country anymore. (Or atleast it isn't showing in the online configurator)
Still is in Belgium for the moment. Strange.
And it’s on the configurator in the UK too. it’s not unusual for things to disappear from the configurator when VW are working on updating it - @wwo that could be what’s happening on VW’s website in your country.

gjm

Passed Driver's Ed
Ordered a GTD with a few extras in early January, got an email from the dealer today saying it’s moved back to status 10 and the build week is towards the end of March 2023, so delivery probably May or June 2023.
Sorry to hear that, it’s very frustrating when it keeps being pushed back and I’m in the same boat.
Can I ask what extras you ordered with it? I’m wondering on mine if there are particular options that keep pushing it back, due to the shortages, the wiring looms, chips, etc.

rhys15

Sorry to hear that, it’s very frustrating when it keeps being pushed back and I’m in the same boat.
Can I ask what extras you ordered with it? I’m wondering on mine if there are particular options that keep pushing it back, due to the shortages, the wiring looms, chips, etc.
Moonstone grey with 19 inch Adelaides, DCC, Winter Pack, Rear Camera. It quite possibly is down to these but still nearly 18 months for a lead time is quite long! Hope you get some good news soon with yours.

gjm

Passed Driver's Ed
Moonstone grey with 19 inch Adelaides, DCC, Winter Pack, Rear Camera. It quite possibly is down to these but still nearly 18 months for a lead time is quite long! Hope you get some good news soon with yours.
My order was similar to yours, stock 18’s with DCC, Winter Pack, rear camera & park assist. Last I heard, mine was still on track for September build, but I fear that the news you got is heading my way when the sales person next checks for updates.

wwo

Passed Driver's Ed
Update on mine, picked it up yesterday! Everything happened so quickly from it being in producton to it being here in a week xD

Reactions: gjm

sh16

Update on mine, picked it up yesterday! Everything happened so quickly from it being in producton to it being here in a week xD
Congrats!! Can I asked what model you ordered and when? Currently waiting on a Moonstone Grey GTI ordered November '21. No updates received as of yet.

Reactions: wwo

GMan22

Ready to race!
I had a feeling yours wouldn’t be far behind mine mate. Congrats! I hope you’re loving it

Reactions: wwo

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
Golf GTE, Moonstone Grey, ordered middle of November last year, with winter pack, HUD, reverse camera and 18" Bakersfield wheels.

Current status 10, BW 45 (after multiple delays already). Probably not the last delay either, i don't think we'll see the car in 2022. Will also have MY23 changes, which i'm not sure about yet (certainly hate the piano black, not happy about the removal of black chrome for brushed aluminium look dash decoration either).

exesoundtech

Golf GTE, Moonstone Grey, ordered middle of November last year, with winter pack, HUD, reverse camera and 18" Bakersfield wheels.

Current status 10, BW 45 (after multiple delays already). Probably not the last delay either, i don't think we'll see the car in 2022. Will also have MY23 changes, which i'm not sure about yet (certainly hate the piano black, not happy about the removal of black chrome for brushed aluminium look dash decoration either)

I suspect you're right regarding this year. I've got a GTE in Deep Black Pearl with 18" wheels that I ordered as a company car through Lex Automotive in June 2021 that I'm still waiting for. Current ETA stock is end July 2022 after (many) delayed ETAs. According to the Lex system at the last delay to July it finally went "confirmed build slot" for the first time, so I'm optimistic it might not be too much longer... Still not impressed that the BIK tax rate changed since I ordered from 8% to 12%, but not a lot I can do about that... 😕

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
Ridiculous. :(

We thought it'd be a great idea to get a PHEV to save a bit on petrol. Great how that one worked out. Petrol doubled in price, laid out for wallcharger etc, and here we sit with a thumb up our.. noses. I will say that our saleswoman is okay though, we get updates every now and then without having to ask for them. Just sucks that they're always negative lol.

Ralphie137

I suspect you're right regarding this year. I've got a GTE in Deep Black Pearl with 18" wheels that I ordered as a company car through Lex Automotive in June 2021 that I'm still waiting for. Current ETA stock is end July 2022 after (many) delayed ETAs. According to the Lex system at the last delay to July it finally went "confirmed build slot" for the first time, so I'm optimistic it might not be too much longer... Still not impressed that the BIK tax rate changed since I ordered from 8% to 12%, but not a lot I can do about that... 😕
Similar situation for me, GTE order placed by Lex on 01/07/21. No confirmed build date but ETA has stayed at beginning of September 22 for last 2 updates so fingers crossed.

Also not impressed with VW reducing the electric miles range which increased the BiK.