GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

JuliaPad

I think they are trying to force you to cancel. That is an incredibly long wait. Hopefully it doesn't come down to that
There is another post today with someone else with an order for the same model as mine placed around the same time and his build date is only a month before mine so I think I will just wait it out. If I cancel I lose my deposit

JuliaPad

Exactly this.

If @JuliaPad was to consider cancelling the GTD and order a different make / model of car the following factors need to be considered;
  • Pretty much all other car manufacturers are in a similar position to VW in relation to a) ongoing supply chain issues and b) the Ukraine situation, which are the main contributory factors to the current very long wait times, so ordering a car from another manufacturer could mean an equally long wait.
  • Unless ordering through a broker such as Drive the Deal, IMHO the chance of currently getting a discount off the list price of a new car is unlikely.
  • There are very low stocks of new unregistered cars at dealerships; many dealers have none, and some dealers are filling showroom floor space with late date used cars but priced at new car prices.
In @JuliaPad ’s position, I think I’d stick with the Golf order and play the waiting game. At least the when it arrives, it should be relatively free of software gremlins.
Yes I’m sticking with it, I did go through a broker as I was eligible for a discount due to who I work for which is why it was cheaper to buy new than secondhand

Fizsparky

Hello,

Long time lurker and first time poster!

I've just placed an order on a lease for a 1.5 eTSI 150 R-Line (Dolphin Grey, stock options) and had confirmation of an order number 29xxxxx from the lease company.

I think the car was a cancelled order as they've given me a lead time of January, but I know this is not guaranteed! I've seen on other forums order numbers start with 31xxxxx - does this mean I'm ahead in the queue (so to speak). Not had confirmation from VW yet though on a build week or anything more...

Rick A

Hello,

Long time lurker and first time poster!

I've just placed an order on a lease for a 1.5 eTSI 150 R-Line (Dolphin Grey, stock options) and had confirmation of an order number 29xxxxx from the lease company.

I think the car was a cancelled order as they've given me a lead time of January, but I know this is not guaranteed! I've seen on other forums order numbers start with 31xxxxx - does this mean I'm ahead in the queue (so to speak). Not had confirmation from VW yet though on a build week or anything more...
My order was placed in November 2021 and has an order number 31xxxxxx

rayaans

Ready to race!
1.5 Tsi 150 R-Line

Ordered 21st December, collecting next Thursday.

Looking forward to the car , and to being an active member on here 😀

Blood hell thats relatively quick. We ordered ours on the same date and its to be built (unconfirmed) in November!
What options did you add? Ours was relatively well specced up compared to most.

Raikesy

Just had an update that ours has been built and is in transit from factory with a status code of 30. Ordered August 2021 (I think, it’s been so long!)

Uncle Duck

Blood hell thats relatively quick. We ordered ours on the same date and its to be built (unconfirmed) in November!
What options did you add? Ours was relatively well specced up compared to most.
It's basic spec to be fair. The missus fancied a change from her Polo , so ordered a white R Line , with Bergamo's and voice control.

Bizarre thing is , I ordered my new car at the end of May , a facelift 3 series touring, its now built, and we are both collecting our new cars tomorrow 😁

The neighbours are gonna be doing some curtain-twitching tomorrow evening thats for sure 🤣

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
These long delivery delays reminds me of the old joke about the Soviet Union -

Someone ordered a new Lada only to be told collection would be in four years time on the 8th March. The customer asked if the collection would be in the morning or afternoon. The Lada supplier asked why the time of day was so important when collection was so far into the future. The customer replied “a plumber is coming in the afternoon”.

Mrw

There’s a very lengthy (500 plus pages!) Golf mk8 R Order discussion thread over on vwroc.com. Some forum members have been waiting 12-15 months since ordering their cars. I’ve read on other forums that lead times on performance models of the mk8 Golf (GTI, GTI Clubsport, R) are typically 12 months or longer.
Hi There, my bog standard club sport was ordered by the dealer March 2021. They tell me it’s due March 2023! I refuse to cancel and have had to return my GTD & an Bodding around in a Formentor hybrid, for the time being….
Long time to wait for a last blast in petrol head heaven :(

graeme_ncl

Hi all, another frustrated newbie here. Just to add my experience this far, Golf Mk8 Estate, middle-of-the-range 'dad car' ordered July 2021, order number 313xxxxx, ordered from a VW franchise dealer in Scotland. Was told at the time 3-4 months, then possibly Jan 2022, and since then they won't give any estimate at all. Last time I chased, a couple of weeks back, I was essentially told that they had literally no info at all, and it would appear at some point! Tried calling VW customer services and got the same answer.

For info, its bog standard Pure White, and options were privacy glass, Harmon Kardon stereo upgrade, spare wheel and parking camera. Precise model is "VW Golf Estate Golf 8 5 Door 1.5 eTSI mHEV 150 Style DSG"

I'm not banking on it this year....