Mk8 Orders

rayaans

Ready to race!
December 2021 - Order confirmed
January 2022 - Week 23
February 2022 - Week 38
March 2022 - Week 45
April 2022 - Week 39
May 2022 - Week 00 (Preparation for MY23 factory changes)
6th June 2022 - Week 46
22nd June 2022 - Week 40
July 2022 - Week 49
August 2022 - Week 45
September 2022 - Week 48
October 2022 - Week 51
November 2022 - Week 51

I presume no change is good - but its still unconfirmed!

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
That's really not the point I am making
It very much is. If you don't take order volume into account, your entire argument is moot. VW sold over 200.000 Golfs in 2021, compared to less than half that number for the 1series. Waiting sucks, i won't argue that point, but your "point" here is in fact pointless. In regards to rayaans, we ordered our GTE (hud, winter pack, rev cam, bakersfield) nov last year, build starts next week (bw46). Week 51 sounds reasonably realistic.

Ralphie137

It very much is. If you don't take order volume into account, your entire argument is moot. VW sold over 200.000 Golfs in 2021, compared to less than half that number for the 1series. Waiting sucks, i won't argue that point, but your "point" here is in fact pointless. In regards to rayaans, we ordered our GTE (hud, winter pack, rev cam, bakersfield) nov last year, build starts next week (bw46). Week 51 sounds reasonably realistic.
This is what is annoying me the most about this whole debacle.

I ordered a bog standard GTE at the start of July 21 and so far the lease company say it will be delivered at the end of March 23 with no confirmed build week! The lease company (Lex) placed their order via Bristol Street Motors who I don’t think are a back street outfit, so it’s not a dealer pecking order issue.

I’m not having a dig at you but I just can’t get my head around why VW would be building a higher spec car, with more semi-conductors on board, quicker than the one I ordered. It just doesn’t make any sense.

rayaans

Ready to race!

I ordered a bog standard GTE at the start of July 21 and so far the lease company say it will be delivered at the end of March 23 with no confirmed build week! The lease company (Lex) placed their order via Bristol Street Motors who I don’t think are a back street outfit, so it’s not a dealer pecking order issue.

I’m not having a dig at you but I just can’t get my head around why VW would be building a higher spec car, with more semi-conductors on board, quicker than the one I ordered. It just doesn’t make any sense.

I've been told the 3rd party lease orders take longer and mostly that's because they're not fulfilled by VW so they prioritize the cars which they have sold

Truth? Who knows.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I recall reading or watching a video speculating that with external supply chain issues impacting (limiting) the number of vehicles car manufacturers can build, some manufacturers could be adopting a profit maximisation strategy. There’s more profit to be made from building higher value, higher spec cars than there is from building bog standard lower value cars, so maybe VW are prioritising the allocation of reduced semiconductor supplies to the higher value, highly spec’d cars? We’ll never know if they are doing this though 🤔.

m4in

Go Kart Newbie

Why would i take that as a dig, i'm not making their schedules lol.

I will say that your waiting time is extraordinary even in the current climate. The "average" appears to be 11-14 months from order to delivery, you're at 16 months already and don't even have a build date yet. One thing i do find odd though is the dealership you mentioned: Bristol Street Motors isn't a VW dealership, nor do they even offer (new) VWs on their website. They also don't run the "approved used" stuff for VW either, so while it might not be a pecking order issue, it could be that franchise dealerships get priority. I'm not entirely certain how it works, but it appears that the order isn't with Bristol Street Motors, but Vertu Motors? The BSM website redirects to Vertu if you look for VW under "other manufacturers". Which opens the possibility that someone sat on your order - and even if not, Vertu again isn't a franchise dealership. Our order is with Sinclair VW, and i'd wager that rayaans is with a franchise dealership as well.

We can argue whether or not that's fair, pretty sure you'd argue that it's not (i'd too in your situation) - i personally think that it normal business to prioritise your own dealerships over third party dealerships. Which of course sucks for you, but it is what it is.

Not even trying to knock you down here, the delivery "date" you got is worthless too without confirmed build week. There's no way to judge the delivery date without (it's barely possible WITH the confirmed build week even, since there's delays possible between any of the steps of the build, i think it's eight steps?), since the build dates are so volatile. What i'd do if i were you is to contact BSM or Vertu (ask Lex where the order exactly was placed and chase it down), and get the commission number as well as a screenshot of the order in their system. It tells you when the order was placed.

By volatile build dates i mean this (this is our order in their system):

1668399420358.png

We had build dates ranging from week 45, to week 12 in 2023, settled out at week 46 (which is the coming week). You want this screenshot, plus one of the "Dates" section, if only to rule out that between Leasing company and multiple dealerships, nobody sat on the order for a month or two before placing it. Can't tell you where to get it, though, got to chase that down.

edit: that screenshot is from august this year, btw.

toejamtam

Update on mines. Confirmed build week was in Oct but moved to early Dec with delivery mid Jan. Didnt think confirmed BW's moved that often! Ordered Oct 21 FYI

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
Update on mines. Confirmed build week was in Oct but moved to early Dec with delivery mid Jan. Didnt think confirmed BW's moved that often! Ordered Oct 21 FYI

.. now you have me concerned. I genuinely thought that a confirmed build date is, well, confirmed. Our last update was a few weeks ago, guess i'll make another enquire.

Nickopolaidis

.. now you have me concerned. I genuinely thought that a confirmed build date is, well, confirmed. Our last update was a few weeks ago, guess i'll make another enquire.

I'm waiting on my Golf-R, no options. Confirmed build week was Week 36, week commencing 5th September yet here I am two and a half months later with no sign of when it's being delivered. Latest news from VW was on 26th September (2 weeks later than build week) and it was waiting to slot into production. Now I've been told by the lease company that it's due in 31st December, but no one can tell me if the thing has been built or not yet. Very frustrating.

Ralphie137

Why would i take that as a dig, i'm not making their schedules lol.

I will say that your waiting time is extraordinary even in the current climate. The "average" appears to be 11-14 months from order to delivery, you're at 16 months already and don't even have a build date yet. One thing i do find odd though is the dealership you mentioned: Bristol Street Motors isn't a VW dealership, nor do they even offer (new) VWs on their website. They also don't run the "approved used" stuff for VW either, so while it might not be a pecking order issue, it could be that franchise dealerships get priority. I'm not entirely certain how it works, but it appears that the order isn't with Bristol Street Motors, but Vertu Motors? The BSM website redirects to Vertu if you look for VW under "other manufacturers". Which opens the possibility that someone sat on your order - and even if not, Vertu again isn't a franchise dealership. Our order is with Sinclair VW, and i'd wager that rayaans is with a franchise dealership as well.

We can argue whether or not that's fair, pretty sure you'd argue that it's not (i'd too in your situation) - i personally think that it normal business to prioritise your own dealerships over third party dealerships. Which of course sucks for you, but it is what it is.

Not even trying to knock you down here, the delivery "date" you got is worthless too without confirmed build week. There's no way to judge the delivery date without (it's barely possible WITH the confirmed build week even, since there's delays possible between any of the steps of the build, i think it's eight steps?), since the build dates are so volatile. What i'd do if i were you is to contact BSM or Vertu (ask Lex where the order exactly was placed and chase it down), and get the commission number as well as a screenshot of the order in their system. It tells you when the order was placed.

By volatile build dates i mean this (this is our order in their system):

View attachment 265551

We had build dates ranging from week 45, to week 12 in 2023, settled out at week 46 (which is the coming week). You want this screenshot, plus one of the "Dates" section, if only to rule out that between Leasing company and multiple dealerships, nobody sat on the order for a month or two before placing it. Can't tell you where to get it, though, got to chase that down.

edit: that screenshot is from august this year, btw.
I only realised that BSM aren’t a VW dealer after I’d posted, a Lex agent told me it was ordered through them but to be honest I’ve never asked again to confirm it. The agents are pleasant enough but I wouldn’t say overly helpful, I doubt I’d get any of the information you suggest out of them but if the next monthly update moves the delivery date further out I’ll have to do something as it’s just becoming a joke now, and not a funny one.

There have been other posters on here who ordered through Lex and their Golf’s have been delivered, one, also a GTE, was ordered about 3 weeks before mine so somethings not right.

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
Yeah, i wonder if lease companies just get pushed back, sounds a lot like it.

I did message our saleslady earlier after reading about the confirmed date getting pushed back, hasn't come back to me yet (usually takes 24h). Fingers crossed, i'm (as i'm sure you all are too) pretty tired of waiting.

toejamtam

I know fella, really frustrating. Hoping thats the last move and should arrive med Jan.
.. now you have me concerned. I genuinely thought that a confirmed build date is, well, confirmed. Our last update was a few weeks ago, guess i'l