GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

renkpz

I contacted the garage, and they again gave me another tentative BW.
Last time they told me that BW was 49-51. Today, they said to me that BW is now 7 in 2023.

The waiting is killing me... The order was confirmed in July 2021. It has been a looooooooooooooooooong journey without my GTI :(

Hypezokos

Hello! Been reading on this thread for a while.
I ordered my GTI in week 39 of 2021 and have not even got a build week, yet. I had an "unconfirmed BW" as 24 this year but as that came close it got taken off and I have not received a new one since - been without any indication BW or delivery for over half a year. The dealership say they're checking weekly but it is also through a leasing company so who knows! My biggest worry at this point is whether or not the car will come at all, I don't really have any pressure on it, just want to have it finally, and also retain the massive discount I got on it. Been eyeing other cars recently but there is just nothing that comes close in terms of value for money... Has anyone even got the car and can confirm it's decent?

bucknutVW

Ready to race!
Has anyone Heard how the Ukraine war will effect VW in the next year going further. I was just watching some geopolitic stuff and they were talking about the destruction of Germany manufacturing. My dealer said inventory would be much better by next year but I’m not so sure he’s right. Thoughts.

rayaans

Ready to race!
Hello! Been reading on this thread for a while.
I ordered my GTI in week 39 of 2021 and have not even got a build week, yet. I had an "unconfirmed BW" as 24 this year but as that came close it got taken off and I have not received a new one since - been without any indication BW or delivery for over half a year. The dealership say they're checking weekly but it is also through a leasing company so who knows! My biggest worry at this point is whether or not the car will come at all, I don't really have any pressure on it, just want to have it finally, and also retain the massive discount I got on it. Been eyeing other cars recently but there is just nothing that comes close in terms of value for money... Has anyone even got the car and can confirm it's decent?
They will have an unconfirmed build week. They're just not giving you the information

They constantly have a build week on them but it's always unconfirmed until it's confirmed

shadey69

GTD Ordered Oct 21. Specd :- Sunroof, Hk, Dcc, Adelaide's, Leather, Rear camera and Spare wheel and In Solid White. I have had various build dates come and go. The salesman who did the deal was "Let go" and it was passed on to his assistant who was a trainee at the time, now hes left ......... Had no joy with dealer so complained to VW uk as i wanted an update. Dealer rang me whilst i was on a short break in Iceland and told me no build date as its been removed. Again i contacted VW uk and yesterday had a call from a Gentleman who was very apologetic and told me my build date was Week 24/23 I give up :-(

shadey69

Why would i take that as a dig, i'm not making their schedules lol.

I will say that your waiting time is extraordinary even in the current climate. The "average" appears to be 11-14 months from order to delivery, you're at 16 months already and don't even have a build date yet. One thing i do find odd though is the dealership you mentioned: Bristol Street Motors isn't a VW dealership, nor do they even offer (new) VWs on their website. They also don't run the "approved used" stuff for VW either, so while it might not be a pecking order issue, it could be that franchise dealerships get priority. I'm not entirely certain how it works, but it appears that the order isn't with Bristol Street Motors, but Vertu Motors? The BSM website redirects to Vertu if you look for VW under "other manufacturers". Which opens the possibility that someone sat on your order - and even if not, Vertu again isn't a franchise dealership. Our order is with Sinclair VW, and i'd wager that rayaans is with a franchise dealership as well.

We can argue whether or not that's fair, pretty sure you'd argue that it's not (i'd too in your situation) - i personally think that it normal business to prioritise your own dealerships over third party dealerships. Which of course sucks for you, but it is what it is.

Not even trying to knock you down here, the delivery "date" you got is worthless too without confirmed build week. There's no way to judge the delivery date without (it's barely possible WITH the confirmed build week even, since there's delays possible between any of the steps of the build, i think it's eight steps?), since the build dates are so volatile. What i'd do if i were you is to contact BSM or Vertu (ask Lex where the order exactly was placed and chase it down), and get the commission number as well as a screenshot of the order in their system. It tells you when the order was placed.

By volatile build dates i mean this (this is our order in their system):

View attachment 265551

We had build dates ranging from week 45, to week 12 in 2023, settled out at week 46 (which is the coming week). You want this screenshot, plus one of the "Dates" section, if only to rule out that between Leasing company and multiple dealerships, nobody sat on the order for a month or two before placing it. Can't tell you where to get it, though, got to chase that down.

edit: that screenshot is from august this year, btw.
What does the "M" mean next to the Camera and Head up ???? Also the "w"

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
What does the "M" mean next to the Camera and Head up ???? Also the "w"

"Ordered by the man" and "ordered by the woman".

.. sorry, got no idea. Just thought it's funny how it lines up, the heated seats and wheels were what my wife wanted, while i wanted the toys (and would've gone with different aftermarket wheels).

shadey69

"Ordered by the man" and "ordered by the woman".

.. sorry, got no idea. Just thought it's funny how it lines up, the heated seats and wheels were what my wife wanted, while i wanted the toys (and would've gone with different aftermarket wheels).
🤣🤣🤣 Better reply than anyone else to be fair. Even VW dealer cant tell me so ill let them know now 😎

TJFused

Passed Driver's Ed
I’d be prepared for that to get pushed back considerably…… I ordered a hatch R in June 21…… my current build week is unconfirmed March 23
I’ve ordered a Mk8 R estate this month been told expected delivery in March 2023 which I thought seemed pretty good considering the delays I’ve been hearing some people having only time will tell.

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
After waiting for a week on a reply from our dealership i got really concerned now, so i called. Turns out our saleslady is on vacation, so obviously no answer possible.

Anyway, our GTE did get pushed back, but only by a week and is scheduled to go into production today (i think he said goes into production this week, but i'd like to think it goes into production today). Due to the gizmos, the estimated build time is 4-6 weeks, plus then obviously shipping etc. If nothing goes wrong, delivery will be in January - which would amount to a total of 13-14 months from order (10th of nov 21) to delivery.

Hand over date on the actual order form was 30th of june this year lol.

Alas.. All good things are worth waiting for, guess.

drexel75

After ordering an R-line Golf in October 2021 I have finally received a call this morning to tell me that the car has left the factory and is now in transit.

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
Agree that having the map in both cluster and dash is nice, but genuinely kind of pointless. At least you get the option to display it behind the wheel now, that's new - our test drive GTE actually wasn't able to display the map in the cluster, that came with an update relatively recently if i'm not mistaken.

That being said, in said test drive, within 5 minutes i realised that i wasn't missing it (our current car is an MIB2 car where i had the map in the cluster, as well as google maps in the dash - still an option in the GTE, if you really need it) - the GTE dials did help us drive more economically (the "power bar" for lack of better term, etc). Since the centre screen is slightly angled towards the driver, it took me just a few minutes to adapt, and our test drive was around 100 miles long following Sat Nav.

Ours is in production now, quoted 4-6 weeks plus transit from Grimsby if i'm not mistaken, so middle/end of january is probably realistic.

Congratulations on yours, after waiting for over a year now we're still excited to get it.

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
I am not quite sure about the schedule, i've seen people say once every four weeks, but when i checked (very superficially), it appeared that a ship goes from Emden to Grimsby like at the very least once every week (it was two ships with overlapping schedule), usually twice. Fingers crossed, but in the end it is what it is. I'm happy that there's an end in sight, waiting for over a year without knowing that there's a finish line (rather, where it is) was exhausting.

Now you mention it, we did order the HUD, i wonder if that shows the ETA when using sat nav. The demonstrator we drove didn't have it.

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
Only a bit easier though.

So excited i already "designed" clips to route the dash cam cable neatly from the centre console to somewhere under the trim, ready to print. I don't even have the car nor the new dashcam, lol, just know that when we had the demonstrator i was kind of miffed with the location of the 12v between the seats, and on top of that on the drivers side.

rayaans

Ready to race!
December 2021 - Order confirmed
January 2022 - Week 23
February 2022 - Week 38
March 2022 - Week 45
April 2022 - Week 39
May 2022 - Week 00 (Preparation for MY23 factory changes)
6th June 2022 - Week 46
22nd June 2022 - Week 40
July 2022 - Week 49
August 2022 - Week 45
September 2022 - Week 48
October 2022 - Week 51
6th November 2022 - Week 51
25th November 2022 - January 2023

I got a bit impatient waiting for December to come so popped over an email to the dealer. Build date has moved to January 2023 now and still not confirmed. It genuinely seems like 3 weeks pass and the build date moves on another 4 weeks.

I think we're more impatient knowing that its kind of close to be honest!