GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk8 Orders

TJFused

Passed Driver's Ed
After 18 months my order now has a confirmed build week of week 12, let’s see if it stays this way!

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
Contacted the dealer again. Said my car is sitting awaiting for a part that is missing from the factory. Style 1.5eTSI with pan sunroof, H/K, ventura rims, keyless locking and driving modes. Ordered February 2022

MikeMK8

Ready to race!
Likely H/K - last i heard, they have a severe backlog. Not that it matters, really.
That's strange since they updated most of the cars to include H/K instead of beats. If that's the issue then not a very smart move

m4in

Go Kart Newbie
In Cyprus maybe - not in the UK. Here most cars come with a standard sound system (even hot models), H/K is always optional.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
Why can't they just be honest and provide some information on an indicative build date?
Probably easier said than done.

The backlog of orders to be fulfilled at the Wolfsburg factory where the Golf is built will be significant, plus VW are dependent on their many suppliers to deliver parts and components specific to each car just ahead of it‘s scheduled production date. If a manufacturer (or manufacturers) of a specific critical component or components is unable to supply VW because they are having supply chain issues themselves, that could have a significant impact on VW’s production capability, which could push back any planned vehicle production schedule by a few days, weeks or maybe even months.

There‘ve been many instances of forum members on this and other forums being given estimated / indicative build dates, only for those dates to be moved back many times - presumably because of supply chain issues as per the paragraph above. IMHO, being given an indicative build date that changes constantly is just as frustrating as not being given an indicative build date at all.

Towards the end of last year when my car was back at the dealership being serviced, I was speaking to the salesperson I dealt with when I bought it. He jokingly said maybe I should be thinking about ordering my next car if I was thinking of changing it in two years time. He also said that that it would take many months for the Wolfsburg plant to catch up and clear the significant backlog of cars waiting to be built, describing the situation as ‘a mess’.

TJFused

Passed Driver's Ed
Just received a message from the dealership. Building week 13 is confirmed for my GTI Clubsport (pretty much full extras).
Finally, after almost 2 years of waiting (July 2021), I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Fingers crossed!
Same, bw 12 for my mk8 R (July 2021).

Ralphie137

Got another update from Lex Autolease on the expected March 23 delivery of my GTE……

It’s now moved to end of May 23 and still no confirmed build date. I reckon I’ll be 2 years from date of order if I’m really lucky.
Just another update of sorts (sad one), still no confirmed build date or delivery date and just generic update e-mails from Lex.

So with no end in site to the saga of when my GTE will arrive I’ve taken the difficult decision to cancel my order and take a vehicle that was previously allocated to a colleague who has left.

W/C 27th March 2023 I will take delivery of a 2 year old Tesla Model 3 SR+. The upside to this, apart from the much improved BiK tax position, is that I will only have it for 2 years before I join this merry go round again.

See you in 2 years time, possibly 😉

DenverPete

You and me both Pete! (Re status 10)

I’ve had news from the dealer that we’re now looking at week 25 for our GTE (ordered Oct 21) but still unconfirmed.

He also says all orders have been stopped for PHEV so that isn’t a good sign either!

Good luck, keep us all posted. Hopefully we’ll both get our cars before the year ends!
Well, we are now at the 20 month mark and no sign of a firm build date or any other date having regularly been in contact with the dealer without receiving a response.

JuliaPad

Anyone from the UK got a GTD on order and received a confirmed build date yet? My order was placed December 21 with the expected delivery September 22. I currently have an unconfirmed build date of June 23. Just wondering how close to the actual build do they confirm it. I almost cancelled my order last week, but have decided to give it a couple more months and see what happens

DenverPete

Anyone from the UK got a GTD on order and received a confirmed build date yet? My order was placed December 21 with the expected delivery September 22. I currently have an unconfirmed build date of June 23. Just wondering how close to the actual build do they confirm it. I almost cancelled my order last week, but have decided to give it a couple more months and see what happens
As long as you have a contract and placed a deposit, it would be unwise to cancel as your vehicle is increasing in value, month by month

rayaans

Ready to race!

We got our confirmed build week 1 month before.

There is a 1 month delay at the factory approx so the vehicle may not be built on the confirmed build week

gjm

Passed Driver's Ed
Ordered a GTD in Nov 2021, currently only an unconfirmed build for May 23. Not holding out much hope!!

JuliaPad

We got our confirmed build week 1 month before.

There is a 1 month delay at the factory approx so the vehicle may not be built on the confirmed build week
Thanks, the build week keeps moving backwards and forwards anyway, just nice to know how much notice I would get