GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mods advice

Da Argentinean

Ready to race!
Car(s)
135i
my buddy wants to get a GTI and he wants to know with mods, how fast and how much horse power can you put in the GTI...price isn't really a factor to him

so just wondering what do some of you have under the hood and how much horse power you got?

thanks

2zzge

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
if price isn't an option then yes, completely rebuild the motor (re-sleeve, rods/pistons a p&p + big turbo with all the upgraded pumbing IC etc)
add nitrous
add meth
find a tuner to tune it for you.

blah-blah-blah the sky's the limit with unlimited $$$$$.
why not just buy an F1 motor and swap it out?:biggrin:

Da Argentinean

Ready to race!
Car(s)
135i
if price isn't an option then yes, completely rebuild the motor (re-sleeve, rods/pistons a p&p + big turbo with all the upgraded pumbing IC etc)
add nitrous
add meth
find a tuner to tune it for you.

blah-blah-blah the sky's the limit with unlimited $$$$$.
why not just buy an F1 motor and swap it out?:biggrin:

ok i was looking for some more realistic...lol...good point though...ok lets say keeping the total cost (car+ mods) less than a R32

2zzge

Banned
Car(s)
GTI
ah-that's better :biggrin:
a big turbo kit would probably be the best way to go.
now that there's tunage for bigger turbos already out, you might even be able to design your own for a few grand.

otherwise, kits range from about $3-4k for a 'small, big turbo' to upwards of $5-6k for larger bb's.

Da Argentinean

Ready to race!
Car(s)
135i
ah-that's better :biggrin:
a big turbo kit would probably be the best way to go.
now that there's tunage for bigger turbos already out, you might even be able to design your own for a few grand.

otherwise, kits range from about $3-4k for a 'small, big turbo' to upwards of $5-6k for larger bb's.

wouldn't a bigger turbo give it more turbo lag?

and I'm obviously uneducated in GTI mods...so what are all these stage kits you guys talk about and what does each kit contain? + price please:biggrin:

Hilton_K

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2007 GTI
wouldn't a bigger turbo give it more turbo lag?

and I'm obviously uneducated in GTI mods...so what are all these stage kits you guys talk about and what does each kit contain? + price please:biggrin:

Give you more lag over the stock setup yes. But no where near say big turbo supra lag, guessing you'd still hit full boost at 2,500 or 3,00rpm with the big turbo setups. Someone who has one may like to correct me though :wink:

GTI KRUG

No Place But Jersey
Car(s)
2007 gti
i would suggest the atp gt3071r kit... ATP makes available, a 500HP capable turbo hardware kit for the FWD 2.0T FSI
which can be purchased at hereATP Turbo Kit

Attachments

• ATP-VVW-186_450-1.jpg
    ATP-VVW-186_450-1.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 325