GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mostly stock GTI at VW show and go at englishtown NJ. RESULTS ARE IN! Very Long.

TZSGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Ok, first time bracket racing the gti.
Ok i arrived and the lanes were empty for time trials, so you were able to get as many time trials as you want. I got 6 but i could have got alot more but i just sat it out because of the heat soake. First batch of good news.

My first run resulted in a 14.2xx with a 2.18 60 foot. :thumbup: . Now many of you saw that i ran better then that at island dragway but some dudes did not think the tracks equipment was legit :biggrin:. Well i know 14.2 is a bit slower then 14.1 but pretty close, and the only reason why i did better at island was because the track was prepped better and not that the timing was off :bs: . :rolleyes:

Now for the even better news.
I won the bracket racing competition :happyanim: :happyanim:

My dial in: 14.30

A total of 32 cars competed.

First round.
I ran a Bone stock GTI DSG identical to mine ( color, options and all) except he did not have an intake.
His dial in was 14.45.
Reaction time was similar but i got a shitty 60 foot. I was about dead even untill about the 1/8th and then i started to pull about a half a car ( who still thinks the intake does nothing :rolleyes: ). And i even lifted before the 1/4 mile mark because i was already ahead of him. So first round won :w00t: ( did not think i would get much farther).

Second Round.
Ran a A4 who dialed in at 14.90 but ran a 14.70 so i automaticly won.

Third round.
Ran a MKV stock R32. IIRC he dialed in at 14.6.
Again he i was dead even untill the 1/8th and then i started to pull up top ( i dont know whats wrong with those R32s :iono: ). Again i let off early due to a half a car i had on him.

Fourth round:
VW Corrado bugged out so i got a bi. ( automaticly went to the next round.)

Fifth round ( this is getting exciting :drool: ).
Ran a Stage 2 MKV GTI ( Manual). His dial in was 14.1.
I got a decent rt and just beat him by like a 1000th of a second :happyanim: (very Close)

Sixth Round ( Final round).
Ran a anniversary MK4 GTI. he dialed in at 14.70.
I went to far at the tree so i had to back up and then screwed up the LC so i was fidling with the ESP button resulting in a horrible rt. So he had me :yikes: untill i heard over the loud speaker that he had run a 14.5 and broke out. So there you go i got to take home the trophy :happyanim:

A win is a win.

All my runs were about 14.4 with some of them probably 14.3 if i had not let off.

I came in thinking that i would be eliminated the first round but i didnt expect this.

mattley crue

aka gwarballs
Car(s)
rabbit
nice man..... i hope you celebrated with a $6 slice of pizza and a $4 soda

Meat

rack rack 'em
Car(s)
2007 GTI [DSG]
Awesome man. What kind of a bracket system was it?

TZSGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Awesome man. What kind of a bracket system was it?

I am not sure what your asking? It is where the faster cars are handicapped. I hope that answers your question :iono:

HoldDaMayo

Leaner and Meaner
Car(s)
2007 GTI UG 5 Door
Nice runs buddy! Making us MKV's look good!

kevDSGbmp

Passed Driver's Ed
Those are some good numbers man.
Im driving a pretty much stock dsg gti except for teh evoms intake.
Im planing on heading down to the track in two weeks for the first time and i was wondering how do you launch?

TZSGTI

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Honda Civic Type R
no...most just a joke. i know corrado owners...fun cars, but they're always broken down :(

Oh.

It would have been a good race. He dialed in at 14.2 and i dialed in at 14.3. So it would be a drivers race. Remember that this is not who is faster, its about who has better rt and who is most consistent.

Who knows he could have been a better driver and killed me with his rt. :iono: