GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Motor Trend: 2015 Z06 First Look with pics

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
IMO the last good looking 'vetts were the 63-67 coupe.
Owned 2 vettes from that era, just fell out of love with them, when the 1968> barges came out.

Everybody likes the C2, man, but starting in the later phases of the C4, the Corvette has offered performance that outstrips vehicles costing cray money. This Z06 is no exception.

TheMKVI

Go Kart Champion
2777lb C6 Z06 with 608rwhp, I would honestly rather own this than a new C7 Z06. Albeit one with a slightly less powerful motor designed for pump not E85.

Yes it even has A/C ;)

Last edited:

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
That would be insanity. Do it.

I started looking into it and am unsure whether it's worth it $$ wise. I think at this point I am just going to run the Z stock-ish for at least this year and next before getting into a high dollar project. Need to save some money and get some seat time in this front engine platform to decide whether I want to go nuts on a front engine car or switch to something mid-engine.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
ive always wanted to just for a week or so, remove spare tire, trunk carpeting, rear seats and backs, front passenger seat, floor mats and see if i can tell the difference. Gotta be in the 150 lb range give or take..im sure someone has done a lightweight thread.

best way to do a lightweight reduction, keep your damn car clean.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
rofl^ ;)

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
Reading about that guy's car makes me think perhaps I should look into taking a couple hundred pounds out of my Z, hmm... Z06 at the same weight as a BRZ would be beastly.

How and better yet why? There are plenty of threads on the corvette forum detailing the exact weights of everything. The z06 is light already.

Unless you plan on stripping your car to bare bones there is nothing to "take out". Aside from perhaps a passenger seat, engine covers, rear carpets, ac/hvac.

Everything else was done by GM for you... 3100lbs is not exactly "heavy"

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
How and better yet why? There are plenty of threads on the corvette forum detailing the exact weights of everything. The z06 is light already.

Unless you plan on stripping your car to bare bones there is nothing to "take out". Aside from perhaps a passenger seat, engine covers, rear carpets, ac/hvac.

Everything else was done by GM for you... 3100lbs is not exactly "heavy"

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-...5-halltech-project-ultraleggera-underway.html

27xx lbs with a big built motor, full interior, ac, radio, etc.

There is a lot of room to reduce weight on a vette without stripping it. Lightweight clutch assembly, brakes, battery, hood, wheels, and seats could drop like 200 lbs without getting into the insane expensive stuff that guy did.

RacingManiac

Drag Race Newbie
ive always wanted to just for a week or so, remove spare tire, trunk carpeting, rear seats and backs, front passenger seat, floor mats and see if i can tell the difference. Gotta be in the 150 lb range give or take..im sure someone has done a lightweight thread.

best way to do a lightweight reduction, keep your damn car clean.

Just removing the spare makes some difference. I actually use that as an setup change in my car for autocrossing....That weight will change how the back end react in noticeable way...