GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mountain bike thread

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
I'll have to check out Fountainhead and Wakefield sometime. I used to visit DC quite often and never knew where to take the bike. I always thought you'd have to drive further West in VA to find anywhere to ride. :thumbup:

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
To everyone in this thread....

What hydration packs are you using? I've been looking to get one, and found the Camelbak Lobo which looks pretty nice. I've heard a lot of great things about Osprey packs too, does anyone on here have one?

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
Camelbak Mule, I think it's a tad bigger than the Lobo and fits things like a mini pump. Mine's also blue to match my bike.

I'll have to check out Fountainhead and Wakefield sometime.
If you're coming from PA hop off 95 at Braddock Road and go west, the park is the first right off Braddock Road. I think it's actually called Audrey Moore now or something but it was always Wakefield when I lived near there. For Fountainhead get off 95 onto 123 North (exit 70-something), take a left on Hampton Road then follow that a ways to the park. Fountainhead is much more challenging.

It's pretty cool having two mountain bike parks off the highway. Part of Wakefield actually overlooks 95.

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
To everyone in this thread....

What hydration packs are you using? I've been looking to get one, and found the Camelbak Lobo which looks pretty nice. I've heard a lot of great things about Osprey packs too, does anyone on here have one?

I've been using the new fox pack, no complaints so far except that it had a bad plastic taste even after washing it a few times, but that went away after a few rides.

Tecni

Ready to race!
I was donna pick up that Carbon GT this weekend but the owner was asking $2,500. WTF? They're selling that bike brand new on giantnerd for $2,000 with free shipping and no tax...

I shot him an offer for 1500 he came back at me with 2000 and would not come down. Stupid seller... No bike 4 me =/

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
I was donna pick up that Carbon GT this weekend but the owner was asking $2,500. WTF? They're selling that bike brand new on giantnerd for $2,000 with free shipping and no tax...

I shot him an offer for 1500 he came back at me with 2000 and would not come down. Stupid seller... No bike 4 me =/

Your prob better off I'm sure you'll find the price your looking for.

andy_uranium

Go Kart Champion
I am totally old school with my bike. 1994 Kona cinder cone put a set of manitou 4s on it back in the day. This is a stock photo... I bought it at a bike show in toronto mostly for xc.... I moved to Ottawa shortly after I got it and rode the crap out of the gatineau trails. Still try and get out a few times a week.

Still rocking the thumb shifters! Haha.

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
^^^Nice bike

Put some new odi's on & a new saddle. Still waiting for some new wider, stickier pedals. This rain has been killing me, hope to get out more next week.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
Shawn, how do you like the ODI grips? I just have the stock bonty ones on my bike and they KILL me on rides, lol. I've been looking for a lock on grip that isn't paper thin.

shawn lichtfuss

Ready to race!
Shawn, how do you like the ODI grips? I just have the stock bonty ones on my bike and they KILL me on rides, lol. I've been looking for a lock on grip that isn't paper thin.
The odi rogue's I'm using are very nice, they seem to be the thickest lock on I've used.

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion
This is my kinda thread :)

Here's my baby all cleaned up

I also have a Gary Fisher Marlin that very modded, basically the same setup but with 26" wheels, crossmax wheels, Avid juicy ultimate brakes and it's an aluminum frame.

I also have a 2011 Specialized tricross comp

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
That is an awesome looking bike! <3 Fisher 29ers

DBESTGTI1

Go Kart Champion

How about some vids... these are from my GoPro

Here's some of the skills area at Rays MTB MKE

Here's some of Kettle Moraine Southern Unit from mothers day
">

Here's some of Kettle Moraine Southern Unit from mothers day
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">