GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mountain bike thread

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I still haven't been out biking, I feel like an asshat. My new disc brakes still rub after reinstalling them a few times.

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
^ you should take them for a ride and break them in properly!

I went for a road ride today. Only 25 miles, but OMFG it was so hot out. Car said 100, weather.com said 95. And on the blacktop its about 10 deg more than that. I'm freakin beat.

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
bumping this thread here are my 2

been more into road biking lately ever since i moved back to st. pete from tallahassee
there were some good trails in tally...not so much here
so this is what i ride now...

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
A not fantastic shot of my bike sitting outside my desk at work. I was going to ride after work and didn't want it sitting in the back of my car all day.

2008 Rockhopper
Avid Elixir discs
XC2 wheels

Attachments

• IMAG0205.jpg
    IMAG0205.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 416

bmxr

Ready to race!
Not a bad thread to bring back from the dead! I have been riding for a while, too :)

This is a pretty old picture of shortly after I started riding BigWheels on a Santa Cruz Bullitt...

I have a few newer pics and bmx related pics, but nothing with my current Jamis Parker. It does make a great all around bike though, because it can take some pretty serious downhill as well as xc and climbing. However, unlike most bikes, I can jump it at the trails, too. That's "trails" in the bmx sense of the word... :)

Oh, and here's the GTI and the "other" bike:

Last edited:

bmxr

Ready to race!
That used to be at Quiet Waters Park in Deerfield Beach, before a hurricane blew the whole freaking park off the map! Wilma, if I remember right. I used to ride QW, Oleta, but mostly Markham. Markham still kicks ass. I used to go to TOE in Lakeland before that closed, too. Santos remains the best place in the State to ride, though, hands down!

Old School Santos:

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
im out of the loop lol
the MTB's are currently just collecting dust (literally) while the road bike has been getting all the action...

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
I have a 4 day weekend and the weather is supposed to be nice. Getting my bike cleaned up tomorrow night :)

bmxr

Ready to race!
im out of the loop lol
the MTB's are currently just collecting dust (literally) while the road bike has been getting all the action...

From St. Pete, you NEED to spend a couple days at Santos every few months. The trails are amazing. Great weather is coming. There are campsites if you want to "keep it real" and lots of cheap motels right there in Ocala 2mins from the trailhead. Come to think of it, as soon as soccer season is over, I am going! :)

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
From St. Pete, you NEED to spend a couple days at Santos every few months. The trails are amazing. Great weather is coming. There are campsites if you want to "keep it real" and lots of cheap motels right there in Ocala 2mins from the trailhead. Come to think of it, as soon as soccer season is over, I am going! :)

alright im looking into that for sure!

johnny_p

Go Kart Champion
I have a 4 day weekend and the weather is supposed to be nice. Getting my bike cleaned up tomorrow night :)

Yeah the weather is supposed to be great in NoVA this weekend. I would be riding my ass off, but I have to go to a VT football game :D