GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Movie and TV Recommendations

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
The expanse finale is out already...that was quick. I haven't watched it, but I'm not sure I have much faith in it being a good ending. This show didn't really go in the direction I wanted. It peaked in season 3 and the s3 finale was awesome, but the stuff that's happened since then was kinda meh and the first couple seasons were kinda slow. Amos had some good moments scattered around. I guess I'll see how it finishes later tonight.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
I hope not. I enjoyed the show. Clancy Brown was great. Michael C. Hall did some of the best acting of his life. I found the character of Harrison to be intolerable.
Agreed on Kurt and Dexter, on their parts....that's why I was so sold on the new show and now just trying to catch up on the original series.

Yeah...I wasn't sold on the Harrison kid either. Flip floppy and kind of annoying.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
LeMans - Racing is Everything. on Prime was a pretty good series

the

Autocross Champion
This is probably odd, but I'd never seen the show Dexter before but I like the (new) Dexter: New Blood show
I thought it was weak throughout the season... all of Deb's scenes are bad IMO. I'm tired of hearing about how talented and great Harrison is, it's over the top. After seeing the finale, it feels like the entire season was written for that single moment. I think it was almost as bad as the new Matrix.

Last edited:

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
If you're liking New Blood, watch seasons 1 - 4 of the original. It ends cleanly there, and you really don't want to go past season 4. It's universally regarded as the best season of the show, and quality drops dramatically after that...
Okay...I went back and watched seasons 1-4

So don't watch ANY of the rest....seasons 5-8?
Is it bad or would be a waste of time or what?

3rdOne

Go Kart Champion
seasons 5-8 aren't that great but I watched them. Wanted to complete the series and watched them when they were live so didn't have the knowledge of what was to come. If you have the time and want to try go for it, you can always stop.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Louie Anderson died today. I honestly always hated the guy… and then there was “Baskets”… So, so good! Louie Anderson was amazing! I will definitely be watching it through again.

Corprin

Autocross Champion
How about the newest season of Doubleshot of Love, B-squad edition?
🤮

wasbaggedonce

Autocross Champion
Top Fifteen Films of 2021 (in no particular order):

- Petite Maman
- The Worst Person in the World
- Red Rocket
- The Power of the Dog
- The Tragedy of Macbeth
- Drive My Car
- Licorice Pizza
- Titane
- Spencer
- The Green Knight
- Dune
- C'mon C'mon
- Judas and the Black Messiah
- Pig
- Spider-Man: No Way Home

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Ozark (part 1) finale was good.....curious to see how it all ends

Eh. It wasn't bad. The problem I had with it, was they introduced wayyyy too many new characters for a final season. Usually that's not something you want to do. Not going to go into spoilers since it's less than a week old, but they introduced Mel, Javi, Kerry, and at least one other I won't name who will play some role....

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
Eh. It wasn't bad. The problem I had with it, was they introduced wayyyy too many new characters for a final season. Usually that's not something you want to do. Not going to go into spoilers since it's less than a week old, but they introduced Mel, Javi, Kerry, and at least one other I won't name who will play some role....
True & it'll have to wrap it all up shortly too, which is sad.

EDIT: If they just kill them all off and call that a finale.....I'm gonna be pissed